Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2021, 09:41 AM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticApex View Post
Has anyone found the perfect storage bins for the front storage bays?

I want to have clean water bin, power bin, black water bin, leveling and chocks bin, tool bin.

I figure I can fit 2 bins side by side and as many deep as I like if they are 24Lx14.5Wx12.5H but I cannot find anything that will meet those dimensions.

Looking to see what others are doing.
I like these for my Black and Clean Water hoses and then I use a lidded 5 gal bucket for the electric cords.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...5236572&sr=8-2

This all sits on the driver side of passthru. Collapsible ladder, small folding table, Outdoor Rug, Sun Shade, folding chairs and Blocks go in thru the passenger side of passthru.

Pass thru is packed, but with a Sierra as TV I'm not much concerned with tongue weight.
dkolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #502

Latest mod.

Got rid of the rod in the wardrobes as they are useless for us. Replaced with some shelves that are much more functional in my opinion. Only cost about $20 worth of materials from Menards. No drilling required. Tested the tape strength with a 15lb weight on a shelf for an hour.

Some stiff press board. Wood was too expensive right now.

16 corner brackets

Outdoor double sided tape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_123807.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	258355   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_124005.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	258356  
Arcteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #503

Those are cool as crap DKolar… I use the crumple hoses like zero or aqua joe. That may have have been different with these! Nice find.
BallisticApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #504

So those are wide corner brackets with double sided tape? Nice solution!

Any advice on the kind of tape? I typically use gorilla or 3M for the best luck in heavy duty applications, but if you have something that works I wanna know!
Old 07-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #505

Hidden treasure

I wanted to share these with the masses. Suction Cup Hooks! I am sure any will work but they were invaluable.

They are amazing on the Azdel siding, windows or any other flat surface. We have found endless uses for them just in the first week out.

4pcs Heavy Duty Suction Cup Anchor with Securing Hook and 4 Carabiner Tie Down, Camping Tarp Accessory for Tarps, Car Cover, Canvas, Swimming Pool Covers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1MHHNB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VJAMN9S2E6Q0FRNDNWRK?_ encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C95117E9-6108-4470-B0A0-063ADDE61BE2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	258358   Click image for larger version

Name:	10D6C674-40A5-429D-979E-A8F24254840E.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	258359  
Old 07-03-2021, 03:21 PM   #506

Quote:
So those are wide corner brackets with double sided tape? Nice solution!

Any advice on the kind of tape? I typically use gorilla or 3M for the best luck in heavy duty applications, but if you have something that works I wanna know!
Its the 3M outdoor tape. I used this tape in the past for tons of stuff. Was debating using an epoxy but figured before I go permanent, make sure I like this 100%

The wide brackets give a good amount of surface for strength when mounting with the tape. Put a small strip on the top side of the brackets to hold the board on as well. Just so they don't bounce off on a bumpy road.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #507

Quote:
Has anyone found the perfect storage bins for the front storage bays?

I want to have clean water bin, power bin, black water bin, leveling and chocks bin, tool bin.

I figure I can fit 2 bins side by side and as many deep as I like if they are 24Lx14.5Wx12.5H but I cannot find anything that will meet those dimensions.

Looking to see what others are doing.
I bought some 3 gallon buckets on Amazon that fit perfect and come with lids. Only use for black tank rinse hose and elbow for tank drain. The hose and elbow fit in 1 bucket. They fit perfectly in the storage opening.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20210703-154601_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	258370  
Old 07-03-2021, 11:21 PM   #508

Arcteryx, Thanks for the detail and explanation on the shelves. I will be figuring this out before our next trip. Your solution seems better than many I have seen, I will give it a whirl.

As for storage, I also thought about buckets but strayed away because of the amount of waste space I end up with. They are multipurpose however. Nice solution.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #509

Quote:
Arcteryx, Thanks for the detail and explanation on the shelves. I will be figuring this out before our next trip. Your solution seems better than many I have seen, I will give it a whirl.

As for storage, I also thought about buckets but strayed away because of the amount of waste space I end up with. They are multipurpose however. Nice solution.
The buckets are a little expensive but seemed like a perfect solution. Nice bonus on small size and the lid seals well. Coil the hose in the bucket A quick spray of clorox on the elbow, place in the bucket and away we go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210704_080334.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	258424  
Old 07-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockisboring View Post
Attachment 256874

Got this from forest River , helped with wiring for lighting switch , and upper bunk window
Do you have a full sized version of this you can share? Thanks in advance!
Sealinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:19 PM   #511

Bunk Bed Teddybear beef up

Has anyone beefed up the teddy bear mattress? Our full size kids are stating they dig though it and bottom out while sleeping.

I have heard of some people putting stand mats (like for security or cashers) under but I wanted to see what others are doing.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:55 PM   #512
Lifetime camper

Quote:
Has anyone beefed up the teddy bear mattress? Our full size kids are stating they dig though it and bottom out while sleeping.

I have heard of some people putting stand mats (like for security or cashers) under but I wanted to see what others are doing.

I went to local mattress manufacturer and had three futon mattresses made for the rear bunks. They are very comfortable and he even wrapped them with woo. Before the washable cover. Was a little pricey at 175. Easy but worth it in the long run
Big BillyB71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:27 AM   #513

Bumper Storage/Load Weight

Looking for opinions on mounting bikes/luggage carriers to the bumper with the spare tire.

I have seen many comments that this is not advised. I have also seen bumper brackets to enhance the connection to the frame.

Does any one carry anything other than the spare on there bumper? How much weight? Have you done any modifications to do this?
Old 07-12-2021, 09:37 AM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryx View Post
I bought some 3 gallon buckets on Amazon that fit perfect and come with lids. Only use for black tank rinse hose and elbow for tank drain. The hose and elbow fit in 1 bucket. They fit perfectly in the storage opening.

If you live in the Midwest, I just saw 3.5 gal buckets like this at Menards yesterday for about $3.50 ea. Quite a bit cheaper than Amazon! and they looked like they would fit in the upright position just fine.

I was picking up some cinder blocks to make 208BHS more stable while parked at home. Way better than the scissor jacks.
dkolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #515

Gas grill hose upgrade

Question for anyone who ran a hose for their camp grill. Did you use anything to control the flow at the grill. Looking for something to control between high-med-low. Everything I see on here is a straight hose connection that's either on or off.

Appreciate any help. Ran out of propane in my 1lb tank this last weekend.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryx View Post
Question for anyone who ran a hose for their camp grill. Did you use anything to control the flow at the grill. Looking for something to control between high-med-low. Everything I see on here is a straight hose connection that's either on or off.

Appreciate any help. Ran out of propane in my 1lb tank this last weekend.
Using the hose it is hard to control the flow with the Coleman. The shutoff valve I have at the grill connector is not really easy to manage the flame.

Blackstone makes a table top griddle that has a built in flame control knob and can connect direct to the low pressure hose.

Right now I’ve just been making hot dogs on the Coleman and it works just fine. If I graduate to more complex grilling I may upgrade to the Blackstone. It is worth noting the connector for the Coleman is different than the connector for the Blackstone. And it seems finding an elbow adapter for the Blackstone is way easier than the Coleman.
maxds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:01 AM   #517

I gave the Coleman grill away after using it twice. It was too frustrating to use.

I'd like to try the blackstone before buying. Our biggest issue would be the storage or lack of storage. We're a family of 5 with a shortbed truck. We have the weber q1000 which has a griddle option you can buy. I might try that first.
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #518

Well I guess I will be looking at other options. This piece of s*** broke. Crappy aluminum rivets broke and the lid fell off. Still works as a grill but pretty sure its a sign i need to start getting creative to utilize this area as a better camp kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210717_170921.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	259285  
Old 07-17-2021, 10:43 PM   #519

I will be following your build Arcteryx. Although not broken yet. It is a matter of time, that and I just want to upgrade it. Mine may magically break next outing like yours did.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:49 AM   #520

Hey everyone. Hope summer adventures are going well.

Any advice on a roof vent cover that will fit the main cabin fan (the Dometic 3-speed DC fan)? I bought the Maxx Air Original but couldn’t get it to fit. There are these prefab tabs that are mounted on the roof side of the fan that appear to be for another roof vent model. And these tabs happen to block the maxx air original from fitting over the fan..

Thankfully I was able to install the vent cover on the bathroom fan.

Any advice appreciated!
maxds is offline   Reply With Quote

« TV Backer 20se | - »