Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2020, 08:06 AM   #121

We brought our 208BH last year and love it.
I also was concerned about weight as a am towing with a Colorado. We felt the 208 was a lot of bang for the buck.
One of the things I did not like was the sink and stove mounted on top of the counter which I see has now been rectified in the late 2020 units. I had to build a cover for the stove to gain some counter space.
Mike Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #122

We just bought a new 2019. Pick it up Saturday AM.

Our first TT. We're stoked!
TroopPNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:00 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopPNW View Post
We just bought a new 2019. Pick it up Saturday AM.

Our first TT. We're stoked!

Congrats! Might be joining you in the PNW owners club in the near future
rennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:25 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
Congrats! Might be joining you in the PNW owners club in the near future
Thanks!

This was far and away the best combo of weight, features, and build quality we could find to for our fairly unique needs. We have four small kids, so need the double-over bunks. Not a lot of floor plans out there to choose from. Fewer under 4000 lbs.

The later 2020s look even sweeter with the undermounted sink, etc.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:44 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopPNW View Post
Thanks!

This was far and away the best combo of weight, features, and build quality we could find to for our fairly unique needs. We have four small kids, so need the double-over bunks. Not a lot of floor plans out there to choose from. Fewer under 4000 lbs.

The later 2020s look even sweeter with the undermounted sink, etc.

I have looked at a LOT of trailers and at the weight and price point the 208BHS does not have any competition. The only real competition weighs more and costs more. The other trailer we are considering is a FR Surveyor Legend 240bhle. It's 5k pounds dry which puts it out of reach for some here, but it does come with more amenities from the factory.
rennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #126

Just Ordered 2021 Model

Hi so I have been researching this RV for about a year and noticed a lot of nice upgrades since then. I noticed that this trailer is getting the new Winegard Air360+. After doing some research, I bought the gateway off Amazon for 287 after tax. This will add 4G LTE and WiFi to the amplifier. (either pay as you go through Winegard or add a sim card from ATT or Verizon). That being said I like the WiFi going .5 miles. This option only available with added gateway. Does anyone have this on their 208BHS? I bought the gateway early to research wiring and installation. My 2021 will be completed sometime in April.

Regards

Ryan
RyanfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 AM   #127

2020 Apex Mods

We just traded our RPOD and upgraded to a new 2020 Nano 208BHS. So far we are very happy with this unit, lots and lots of storage. Wanted to share a few mods that I felt needed to get done asap.

One of the first things we noticed was no master switch for main interior lights. So I added a dimmer switch that controls 3 of the 4 main interior lights (thankfully the provided light fixtures are dimmable).

Also, unlike many other units ours only came with one exterior light which was the led awning light strip. Or RPOD had both the led awning and amber porch light which both were very useful. I added a amber porch light controlled by an internal switch.

I deleted the existing switch that operated the awning led strip and upgraded to a stacked 3 single switch. The stacked switch operates the awning led strip and porch light only at this time. The 3rd switch is a blank.

We added a 22" tv with lockable full motion mount where it was intended (for the kids) but also added a second tv (32") again with full motion mount next to the master bed.

Exterior mods included dual 20lbs propane tanks (for now) with automatic selector switch (with gauge). Covered with camco plastic cover.

Dual batteries were installed by dealership which was a nice surprise.

Only used the hand crank jack once, didn't like it, so I upgraded to an electric jack.

I changed all the locks to the storage doors to combination.

This coming weekend will be our first time taking it out, family cant wait. Again we are very happy with this TT and look to get out more often.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_163925.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	223866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_163859.jpg
Views:	2355
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	223867   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_163915.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	223868   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_163836.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	223869   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_163843.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	223870  

Bennynava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:19 AM   #128

2020 Apex Mods

We just traded our RPOD and upgraded to a new 2020 Nano 208BHS. So far we are very happy with this unit, lots and lots of storage. Wanted to share a few mods that I felt needed to get done asap.

One of the first things we noticed was no master switch for main interior lights. So I added a dimmer switch that controls 3 of the 4 main interior lights (thankfully the provided light fixtures are dimmable).

Also, unlike many other units ours only came with one exterior light which was the led awning light strip. Or RPOD had both the led awning and amber porch light which both were very useful. I added a amber porch light controlled by an internal switch.

I deleted the existing switch that operated the awning led strip and upgraded to a stacked 3 single switch. The stacked switch operates the awning led strip and porch light only at this time. The 3rd switch is a blank.

We added a 22" tv with lockable full motion mount where it was intended (for the kids) but also added a second tv (32") again with full motion mount next to the master bed.

Exterior mods included dual 20lbs propane tanks (for now) with automatic selector switch (with gauge). Covered with camco plastic cover.

Dual batteries were installed by dealership which was a nice surprise.

Only used the hand crank jack once, didn't like it, so I upgraded to an electric jack.

I changed all the locks to the storage doors to combination.

This coming weekend will be our first time taking it out, family cant wait. Again we are very happy with this TT and look to get out more often.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:02 AM   #129

Upgrades

Thank you for sharing your pictures and all your mods! Where did you buy your switches from? Really like what you have done! Very impressive lighting setup. Question: are the windows tinted?

Regards

Ryan
Old 02-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanfromVA View Post
Thank you for sharing your pictures and all your mods! Where did you buy your switches from? Really like what you have done! Very impressive lighting setup. Question: are the windows tinted?

Regards

Ryan
No problem, yeah I believe the windows are factory tinted. They are definitely not clear.

Everything I purchased for trailer was through Amazon, unfortunately it looks like the dimmer switch is currently unavailable at this time so I wasn't able to add link.

Dimmer switch
American Technology Components 12 Volt DC Dimmer Switch for LED

3way switch
https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-12245-Triple-Switch/dp/B002UC6PY6

This is what the stock switch looked like before.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200221_081120.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	223875  
Old 02-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #131

Switches

Hey thanks for that info. looks like you routed the power wire through cabinet to new exterior light. where did you get the power source for the new light?
Thanks for sharing

Ryan
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #132

Quote:
Hey thanks for that info. looks like you routed the power wire through cabinet to new exterior light. where did you get the power source for the new light?
Thanks for sharing

Ryan
The new light only draws roughly .30 amp so i wasn't concerned about adding it to an existing circuit.

If u unscrew the cover behind the stock switches inside the cabinet, you'll find a power source for the awning motor and light.

The awning light has a 15amp fuse attached so I added the light behind the fuse as well. This is what it looks like behind the cover before I added the light and switches.

Just an fyi , no sure why but my photo seems to be flipped 90 degrees to the left.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200221_081127.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	223905  
Old 02-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennynava View Post
The new light only draws roughly .30 amp so i wasn't concerned about adding it to an existing circuit.

If u unscrew the cover behind the stock switches inside the cabinet, you'll find a power source for the awning motor and light.

The awning light has a 15amp fuse attached so I added the light behind the fuse as well. This is what it looks like behind the cover before I added the light and switches.

Just an fyi , no sure why but my photo seems to be flipped 90 degrees to the left.

Forgot to add, I only pulled power for the outside light from awning circuit. For the lights on the dimmer I used the same circuit that feeds all lights from master bed to bathroom door.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #134

Wiring

Thanks for that photo! I agree a 15 amp fuse circuit is plenty to feed off of. I really like your updates I don't think I will add the light but definitely the dimmer switch. can you send me the link for the tv mount you used by the dinette? I want to get all this stuff so when our trailer is ready I can start working. Thanks!

Ryan
Old 02-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #135

Quote:
Thanks for that photo! I agree a 15 amp fuse circuit is plenty to feed off of. I really like your updates I don't think I will add the light but definitely the dimmer switch. can you send me the link for the tv mount you used by the dinette? I want to get all this stuff so when our trailer is ready I can start working. Thanks!

Ryan
No problem, here is a link of what I installed. We really like that it is lockable when towing.

https://www.amazon.com/Lockable-100x100mm-Mounting-Dream-MD2209/dp/B07K9DD2SZ
Old 02-25-2020, 11:33 PM   #136

Awesome stuff Benny!

We picked up our new 2019 today. Pumped to dial it in and get out there.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #137

Just picked up TT

Awesome news! Have a great trip! I have to wait until sometime in April to get mine.

Ryan
Old 02-26-2020, 09:47 PM   #138

Quote:
Awesome news! Have a great trip! I have to wait until sometime in April to get mine.

Ryan
Yah, but yours will have undermounted sinks!

Maybe worth the wait.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:00 PM   #139

Undermounted sink and flush stovetop

Is it for sure that all new 208bhs models are now coming with undermounted sinks and flush stove tops? Does any one know when the 2021 models come out and if there will be any significant change on them. Tryin to decide when to pull the trigger on one for an upcoming month long road trip in July.
Truehourlywage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:57 AM   #140

2021 model

So 2021 model is being released in March and will be at dealers in April. My model that I ordered Feb. 17th will be a 2021. No changes from a late 2020 model. It has under mounted sinks and flush top cooktop. It has a winegard air 360+ with omnidirectional dome. (All signals Tv/am/fm come from factory) buying a gateway (router) will access WiFi to .5 miles. Optional 4G LTE service. 287 off Amazon. So your getting a pull out Coleman grill outside. LED lights are white not blue. (Earlier 2019 model) I purchased the Outfitter package that gives me different graphics and bike rack/toy lock. But I ordered every option from factory. Dealer sold to me for 19,988 without tax tag and title. So shoutout to Keystone RV Center in Greencastle PA!

« TV Backer 20se | - »