Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #21

BTW WRT upgrading the suspension, here’s a video that discusses just that, with none other than our 208BHS as the subject. https://youtu.be/Cp35a0SLzdM
Shanksworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #22

I upgraded to dual batteries as I do a fare amount of Govt. site camping and they don't have any hookups. Thought about dual 20#'s but with the 2/12V that is enough weight on the tongue. I can drive for propane but not for power.

Took it out today after I loaded it with what I need and the Durango handled it beautifully. Barely knew it was behind me.

Tested all systems today as well and everyone was perfect.

Going for the first camping trip on the 15th for 4 nights and can't wait.
JGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGriff View Post
I upgraded to dual batteries as I do a fare amount of Govt. site camping and they don't have any hookups. Thought about dual 20#'s but with the 2/12V that is enough weight on the tongue. I can drive for propane but not for power.

Took it out today after I loaded it with what I need and the Durango handled it beautifully. Barely knew it was behind me.

Tested all systems today as well and everyone was perfect.

Going for the first camping trip on the 15th for 4 nights and can't wait.
Good luck with your first camping trip! Let us know how it goes.

Just curious, did you weigh your tongue? How much do you have on it now? Arg, that 515lb dry tongue weight, blowing past the MTW of most 5000# TVs, right out of the box. Realistically I suppose that’s why it tows so smoothly — with a few extras, it falls nicely within the upper recommended range of weight percentage (12%-15% of total weight). But it sure would be nice to be able to put a few amenities on it, especially a bike rack.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksworthy View Post
Good luck with your first camping trip! Let us know how it goes.

Just curious, did you weigh your tongue? How much do you have on it now? Arg, that 515lb dry tongue weight, blowing past the MTW of most 5000# TVs, right out of the box. Realistically I suppose that’s why it tows so smoothly — with a few extras, it falls nicely within the upper recommended range of weight percentage (12%-15% of total weight). But it sure would be nice to be able to put a few amenities on it, especially a bike rack.
No I haven't weighted my tongue. There is not a weight station close to me. I did measure and it dropped very little, I know not the best way, and when I head up island later this spring I will stop at a weight station. I pumped a little air into my springs. 1/2# and I was level again.
I have air bags in my springs which the dealer put in for free as they were telling me that it towed 6200# but they didn't know it had to have the factory installed self leveling shocks.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #25

Quote:
No I haven't weighted my tongue. There is not a weight station close to me. I did measure and it dropped very little, I know not the best way, and when I head up island later this spring I will stop at a weight station. I pumped a little air into my springs. 1/2# and I was level again.
I have air bags in my springs which the dealer put in for free as they were telling me that it towed 6200# but they didn't know it had to have the factory installed self leveling shocks.
Yep, I’ve been through this. Dodge is notoriously sketchy on the REAL tow capacity details. Their dealerships give false information, and TBH the official Durango documentation isn’t even clear on what the limitations are.

The truth is, the advertised maximum towing capacity can only be achieved with a factory-installed tow package. Otherwise the “official” cap is 3500lbs, and that number overrides your hitch receiver specs from a liability standpoint. The factory tow package includes those self-leveling shocks you mentioned, plus a spare tire, and some other important upgrades like HD engine cooler. Without the upgraded cooler you’ll still probably be ok in practice, since a D can handle far more than Dodge lets on. Just maybe keep a close eye on your temps.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #26

Forest River help me very quickly

Hi All

I thought I would post this here first and then on the Coachmen board.

I contacted FR this morning by email about where and what the backer plate for the Nano TT. They responded super quick.
This is what he told me and as a bonus sent me drawings which I have attached.

The Apex Nano 203RBK has a TV backer located just between the entry door and the front overhead cabinet starting 9" from the ceiling, print is attached. The fasteners should be a #10 pan head and no longer than 1” (inch) The best mounting system is one that uses multiple holes (6) within a plate 6-8 inches square so as to even out the mounting hold to the wall. The 10" x 10" backer is made from 1/2" plywood just behind the inside décor panel. The attached door side wall print is viewed from the interior. The side wall thickness on your camper is 1-5/16"

I would think it would be the same for the 208BH
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DS Wall Prints.pdf (199.3 KB, 232 views)
Old 04-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Hi All

I thought I would post this here first and then on the Coachmen board.

I contacted FR this morning by email about where and what the backer plate for the Nano TT. They responded super quick.
This is what he told me and as a bonus sent me drawings which I have attached.

The Apex Nano 203RBK has a TV backer located just between the entry door and the front overhead cabinet starting 9" from the ceiling, print is attached. The fasteners should be a #10 pan head and no longer than 1” (inch) The best mounting system is one that uses multiple holes (6) within a plate 6-8 inches square so as to even out the mounting hold to the wall. The 10" x 10" backer is made from 1/2" plywood just behind the inside décor panel. The attached door side wall print is viewed from the interior. The side wall thickness on your camper is 1-5/16"

I would think it would be the same for the 208BH
Very cool! Thanks for posting that. On the 208BHS, the TV defaults to the dinette area. I didn’t know there was an option to put it next to the queen bed. Who was your email contact? I’m wondering if I should get the one specifically for the 208BHS just in case.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Very cool! Thanks for posting that. On the 208BHS, the TV defaults to the dinette area. I didn’t know there was an option to put it next to the queen bed. Who was your email contact? I’m wondering if I should get the one specifically for the 208BHS just in case.
bkruip@forestriver.com

http://www.coachmenrv.com/contact-us
Old 04-11-2019, 08:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Ah, Ben. Yeah, good guy, I’ve communicated with him before and he’s always very helpful. I just sent him an email. There are a couple projects I could use these schematics for.

BTW for anyone who’s curious about the missing pull-out BBQ on the first run of 2019 208BHS units, Ben said that that option came a bit later in the year. On the first run, the outdoor kitchen wasn’t deep enough to accommodate the BBQ, so it was shipped separately and a drawer is installed instead. But subsequently, they moved the back wall enough to accommodate the grill, so the current run includes it.

I’m a bit disappointed that mine didn’t come with that feature, but there are also benefits to having a drawer instead, so no biggie.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Ah, Ben. Yeah, good guy, I’ve communicated with him before and he’s always very helpful. I just sent him an email. There are a couple projects I could use these schematics for.

BTW for anyone who’s curious about the missing pull-out BBQ on the first run of 2019 208BHS units, Ben said that that option came a bit later in the year. On the first run, the outdoor kitchen wasn’t deep enough to accommodate the BBQ, so it was shipped separately and a drawer is installed instead. But subsequently, they moved the back wall enough to accommodate the grill, so the current run includes it.

I’m a bit disappointed that mine didn’t come with that feature, but there are also benefits to having a drawer instead, so no biggie.
I would have gone for the 213RDS but I wanted the outside kitchen. I didn't realize that the early models of the 208 didn't have the stove.
I do have a Coleman Roadtrip BBQ which I use a lot so I had my dealer add a quick connect LP by the outside kitchen so I can use it with the stove or BBQ. Also added a power jack . Getting lazy in my old age. Lol
Old 04-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #31

It's so pretty.

badercubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by badercubed View Post
It's so pretty.

It is indeed. Even nicer when you can see the front cap.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #33

More pics!
Old 04-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #34

measurement

Would someone please post what the measurements of the dinette table are and also the length of the sleeping space it turns into? Thank you!
onVacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by onVacation View Post
Would someone please post what the measurements of the dinette table are and also the length of the sleeping space it turns into? Thank you!
Table is 27" x 40"
Bed space is 42" x 71-1/2"
Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #36

Quote:
More pics!
Just a couple random pics! I haven't even started loading it yet. Still trying to figure out what I am eliminating from my old trailer.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Just a couple random pics! I haven't even started loading it yet. Still trying to figure out what I am eliminating from my old trailer.

Looks like you have the exact model run as mine — early 2019, pre-pullout grill (drawer instead), quartz interior. Nice! Did you get it with AC?

If that’s your land it’s parked on, then you’re very fortunate. I live in a Calgary suburb where it’s impossible to store an RV on your own land. The houses are close together and my neighborhood is too sloped to risk parking an RV even for a night. So I’ll have to load up my tow vehicle and drive all my gear out to the storage yard in order to load up my Nano, which I predict will be a huge pain.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #38

Quote:
Looks like you have the exact model run as mine — early 2019, pre-pullout grill (drawer instead), quartz interior. Nice! Did you get it with AC?

If that’s your land it’s parked on, then you’re very fortunate. I live in a Calgary suburb where it’s impossible to store an RV on your own land. The houses are close together and my neighborhood is too sloped to risk parking an RV even for a night. So I’ll have to load up my tow vehicle and drive all my gear out to the storage yard in order to load up my Nano, which I predict will be a huge pain.
Of course it has AC. I am really surpised in this day of luxury camping you can get models without. I barely use it.

And yes, that is my property! I live in a small city about 25 miles southeast of Rochester, NY. I have an old (1908) house and my neighbor to the north is about 10ft away from my house. We actually bought the house because the two lots to the south of me are also part of the property. So for being in the city, I get a halfway decent plot of land. House sits on the northern lot, barn and driveway in the middle lot, and grass on the southern lot. I actually use my neighbor's curb cut to back the trailer in. My previous neighbor actually gave me an access easement before they sold in case the new neighbors sucked, but i haven't had any problems. I am sure this trailer is more pleasant than the Hideout was!
Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #39

Quote:
Of course it has AC. I am really surpised in this day of luxury camping you can get models without. I barely use it.

And yes, that is my property! I live in a small city about 25 miles southeast of Rochester, NY. I have an old (1908) house and my neighbor to the north is about 10ft away from my house. We actually bought the house because the two lots to the south of me are also part of the property. So for being in the city, I get a halfway decent plot of land. House sits on the northern lot, barn and driveway in the middle lot, and grass on the southern lot. I actually use my neighbor's curb cut to back the trailer in. My previous neighbor actually gave me an access easement before they sold in case the new neighbors sucked, but i haven't had any problems. I am sure this trailer is more pleasant than the Hideout was!
The dealership actually tried to sell me an A/C-less model at the RV show, with A/C as part of a “special show upgrade package”. It was not a great deal, but we (actually my wife) negotiated a much better one, that included A/C.

Do you dry camp on your property? Wish I could do that; at least to get some practice the week before the first camping trip. Maybe I’ll haul it out to the local Walmart and boondock for a night.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #40

My 1st camping trip with my new 203rbk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nano 203rbk.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	202597