Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #381

Would I be able to fit a battery box that measures 21.5" x 7.4" x 11.2" back there?

This is for a Camco double battery box. I'd like to go two 6V batteries, but with this box I could also do 2x12v batteries.

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-55375-Ba...omotive&sr=1-1
dbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #382

6 volt batteries

Here's a pic of my two 6 volt batteries wired in series to make 12 volts.
Each battery has 224 amp hrs. So that's more than double than a single 12 volt 100 amp hr. that dealers typically install. I would ask why your dealer doesn't provide a battery as you need one to operate the emergency break away system. I have a standard Apex model and it did require a little tweaking to make them fit onto the factory rack. I did have to cut the back quarter of the lids off to make them fit.

I would also install a battery disconnect switch while you are at it. Keeps the phantom loads from drawing your batteries down while in storage. So far I've been able to go boondocking for a week before my batteries hit 50% and that's running the heater a couple times a night too. However, I just picked up a used 120 W Go Power portable solar kit the other week, so we'll see what that adds to my boondocking experience. Even if it only means that I'd draw my batteries down to 75% vs 50% I'd call that a win. Click on the pic and it will rotate to the proper view. I hope this helps you out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	batteries.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	253475
B.Boudens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #383

I believe my dealer doesn't include the batteries as RV's are such a hot market right now that they do not need to. I got quoted something like $550 for adding two 6v GC batteries.. I can get the batteries at costco for $120, so it is quite the markup to get anything from the dealer.

Thank you so much for the picture. I think I can work with this!
Old 05-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #384

hmm, would you be able to measure how much clearance there is from the back of the tray to the trailer? I am guessing that since you had to cut your boxes there might not be enough room for the GC batteries as they are taller..
Old 05-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbender View Post
hmm, would you be able to measure how much clearance there is from the back of the tray to the trailer? I am guessing that since you had to cut your boxes there might not be enough room for the GC batteries as they are taller..
From the tray rail to the top of the box is 10" and they just fit. see the second pic for the amount trimming I had to do to the lid. I mostly just had to cut the back lip off and a bit more to make the lids fit. Cheers.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_7337.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	253477

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_7338.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	253478
Old 05-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #386

B. Boudens, do you know what brand / model your battery boxes are?
Old 05-03-2021, 05:22 PM   #387

I didnt want to modify my battery box and having them on the original battery mount was very tight.

I fabricated a mount using the iron from a bed frame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210503_174152.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	442.2 KB
ID:	253480   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_174203.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	253481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210503_174222.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	253482  
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #388

6 volt batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbender View Post
B. Boudens, do you know what brand / model your battery boxes are?
They are Powerhouse AT battery boxes for Grp 24. They are standard boxes with an extra collar added to make up for the height of the 6 volts battery. I got them from a different RV dealership that the one who I bought the trailer from.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:07 AM   #389

EZ Suspension .... what is it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjzman100 View Post
Also, want to upgrade the EZ suspension. Thanks

Not familiar with the EX suspoension, what is it?

I'm towing a 187RB single axle, about to replace the shackles to the Dexter upgrade (K71-358). Thought I'd also install the Sumo Super Spring kit for smoothing out the rockin' n rollin' & shakin' n quakin' that the trailer contends with.
Richy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:12 AM   #390

What faucet did you purchase???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshrlou View Post
Arcteryx, We replaced the faucet with one that had a pull sprayer and no issue anymore. Enjoy!

I wantto replace the faucet due to the lack of room under the swivel pipe. Can't rinse anything of size without spillin' & splashing because of the low overhang. What did you purchase ?? Do you have a link to it??
TIA
Old 05-04-2021, 03:12 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy R View Post
I wantto replace the faucet due to the lack of room under the swivel pipe. Can't rinse anything of size without spillin' & splashing because of the low overhang. What did you purchase ?? Do you have a link to it??
TIA
I used a standard moen faucet that was on sale at home depot. I have the 2019 model and the original faucet looked metallic but was plastic. We upgraded for the same reason you're wanted to upgrade, the neck was too low for practical use for us.

Upgraded shackle strap and wet bolts will help the ride a lot but single axle trailers will inherently ride a bit rougher than tandems. Do you find the factory leaf suspension to be inadequate? I would consider upgrading the leaf springs as opposed to adding sumo springs. I have timbren rubber springs (similar to sumo) on my truck and I find when the axles hit the timbrens when going over a large bump, it sends a bit of an unpleasant jolt.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #392

Here's a video regarding the Sumo Super Springs. By design there is always trailer weight on the Sumo Spring thus offering a modulated rate of resistance to the axle force's of compression. Single axle's have more side to side rocking as compared to dual axles.

https://videos.etrailer.com/static/i...ss-105-47.webm
Old 05-04-2021, 08:21 PM   #393

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a bicycle ride to my local Home Cheapo to check out the choice's.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #394

Finally finished my window mod. The new window (actually used) is a tiny bit smaller than the original window.

Used 2 layers of eternabond on the window, trimmed excess eternabond tape and seal it with proflex. Turned out well.

I also added some bed lift shocks to help with the heavy residential mattress. Very useful mod!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210509_182441.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	254034   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_113329.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	254035   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210509_144402.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	254036  
Old 05-09-2021, 10:49 PM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy R View Post
TIA
Here is the Amazon link to the one we got.

Kitchen Sink Faucet, Kitchen Faucet Stainless Steel with Pull Down Sprayer Brushed Nickel Commercial Modern High arc Single Handle Single Hole Pull Out Kitchen Faucets for Bar Laundry rv Utility Sink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GH9QMS4...ing=UTF8&psc=1
fshrlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:55 PM   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapex View Post
Hi all! Our 208 BHS has been on order now for about 6 weeks. We can’t wait! Like everyone here says, it’s the perfect weight/length/features combo for a family without a big tow vehicle. I have a 2005 Tundra V8 (smaller than the newer tundras) that on paper should do well with this trailer.

I have a question for anyone who has the 208 with the off-road package. What is the height of the hitch when the trailer is level? I have a WHD that I want to get adjusted to the correct (or at least ballpark) height before I pick it up. Thanks for all the great info!
Redapex, I have the off road package and my WDH ball height was 23” to get a level stance. Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerogesin View Post
I finally upgraded my 208bhs equalizer and shackle straps. It went well with the exception that I cant get the shoulder bolts to seat into the spline. I torque it to 50ftlb as recommended by the instructions. Fired in some wheel bearing great and it seems pretty smooth.

I saw some cre3000 installation videos and those that used morryde wet bolts didn't hammer or press the shoulder bolts. Only the ones who use dexter's wet bolts hammered there's in.

I'll take it out for a spin later and see. I already hear the suspension being much quieter when hitching up.
Gerogesin,

Nice work on the suspension. Definitely looking to do this soon to soften the ride and hopefully not find so many things that shifted during tow. You mentioned it was quieter hooking up, how does it feel behind you? Anything noticeable? Could you link the part numbers you ordered?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2021, 11:40 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerogesin View Post
Finally finished my window mod. The new window (actually used) is a tiny bit smaller than the original window.

Used 2 layers of eternabond on the window, trimmed excess eternabond tape and seal it with proflex. Turned out well.

I also added some bed lift shocks to help with the heavy residential mattress. Very useful mod!
Great job on the window. Out of all the mods I’ve done so far, that had the greatest pucker factor. LOL I was able to find the same size blackout shade as the bottom bunk on the RecPro website. Install was very easy.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #399

Quote:
Gerogesin,

Nice work on the suspension. Definitely looking to do this soon to soften the ride and hopefully not find so many things that shifted during tow. You mentioned it was quieter hooking up, how does it feel behind you? Anything noticeable? Could you link the part numbers you ordered?

Thanks
I put about 50miles on it since I've installed the morryde cre3000 with the morryde wet bolts. Did 50miles mainly so I can torque everything before our trip.

Its quieter hooking up in a sense that when you lift the tongue jack way up to get the wdh bars in, the trailer suspension would creak. It no longer does that. The ride is also much much smoother with a lot less bucking when the trailer hits bumps on the road. Two wetbolts wouldn't take any grease so I'm hoping once things break-in that it will change. Torque everything to 50ftlb as described in the instruction provided.

Morryde wet bolts shackle kit - UO12-016
Morryde equalizer - CRE2-33

I was worried that our dual 3500lb axles would be too light weight but they seem to work great with the equalizer.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #400

Quote:
Redapex, I have the off road package and my WDH ball height was 23” to get a level stance. Hope this helps.
Thanks! We pick up our trailer in May 28th. Can’t wait.
Redapex is offline   Reply With Quote

« TV Backer 20se | - »