Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #761

Greetings,

Has anyone installed additional solar panels on their 208BHS ? I am curious about the mounting, as I dont know what kind of roof it is. Is their a common case for routing the wire ?

Thanks, (again.)
Codematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:13 AM   #762

@Codematic, I also have a 2021 Off-Grid and while it is easy to blame the panel for not being sufficient, I have found that my 12V battery is just not enough. Batteries are done by the dealer or previous owner, not by the factory. I only camped on shore power this year but have some Off-Grid trips planned next year. The first thing I'm doing in the spring is taking the 12V out and going with 2 6V deep cycle batteries. I suspect this will get me the juice I need after asking around while camping.

Also, the underbelly is not heated. Just insulated for cooler temps. I have found on a few fall trips in WI that the heat loss is more concentrated to the windows and slide. We only turn the heat on at night.
dkolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:53 AM   #763

I am looking at better batteries, but would like more generation also.

Thanks for the info,
Codematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:14 PM   #764

Solar & Battery Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codematic View Post
Greetings,

Has anyone installed additional solar panels on their 208BHS ? I am curious about the mounting, as I dont know what kind of roof it is. Is their a common case for routing the wire ?

Thanks, (again.)
Hello & G'day, Happy Thanksgiving Eh?

I did a write up on page 21 of this forum of a portable solar power connection to the front of the trailer. Easy, direct to the batteries and no drilling holes into the trailer to do it and can go with you to the next trailer. I use two 6v 220-amp hr. batteries and have been able to boondock for a 5-day span without any extra support practicing moderate energy conservation. (Shutting off the water heater at night, minimal lights) With my 120 watt panel on an average sunny/cloudy summer day it can keep up with the trailer's daily demands. Provided that I adjust the panel to follow the sun a few times a day. However, once these batteries are used up, I'll be switching to Lith-ion p4 Renogy makes a 210 amp hr on that you can fully discharge (unlike lead acid) last 4x longer and even after that are 80% usable charge.

I've also made a small solar generator (with a 50 hr Renogy 12v Lith-ion P) that I use with the panel to charge phones, tool batteries, and with the solar panel hook up can support 6 hrs. of slow cooking. I'll post a thread about it when I get more time.

Just another option to think about. Cheers
B.Boudens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #765

Can anyone tell me what length of cover to get for our 208 BHS? I'm assuming 22' to 24', but my storage is in storage and I really don't want to drive out there just to measure it.
kcstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:49 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstrom View Post
Can anyone tell me what length of cover to get for our 208 BHS? I'm assuming 22' to 24', but my storage is in storage and I really don't want to drive out there just to measure it.

This is what I purchased, and feel it’s a bit too long.

ADCO 52242 Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer RV Cover - 22'1" - 24' ,Gray https://a.co/d/cQGnu4q
YeatesB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:57 PM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeatesB View Post
This is what I purchased, and feel it’s a bit too long.

ADCO 52242 Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Travel Trailer RV Cover - 22'1" - 24' ,Gray https://a.co/d/cQGnu4q
Thanks! That's actually the exact one I was going to order. Do you think the 20'1"-22' one would fit better?
Old 10-14-2022, 08:38 PM   #768

Quote:
Thanks! That's actually the exact one I was going to order. Do you think the 20'1"-22' one would fit better?

I’ll probably go with the 20’-22’ one next time I need to purchase (hopefully a few seasons from now).
YeatesB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:03 AM   #769

Storage time

that time of the year. Got some lap sealant for the roof to repair cracks in the seals.

Also got this new fancy blowout valve for the water lines. Should be easier than the crappy plastic one I had last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221020_070123.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	280653  
Arcteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:23 PM   #770

Apex Nano 208BHS

I purchased a 2021 Apex Nano 208 BHS. I have to say, I am disappointed with the quality of this RV. I have had it back for warranty work 4 times for everything from cabinet doors dropping to microwave door not opening. I had issues with the furnace, water heater, slide issues, electrical and plumbing issues. The moldings are peeling off, the recetpicals pulled out of the wall due to the fact they are not secured to any structure. I live in PA. it broke down on me in Connecticut, New Jersey, and North Carolina. I wrote to Forest River with my concerns, i was told it was under warranty. Keep taking it back to the dealer. Is anyone having similar problems or am I just the lucky one.
reneegavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:55 PM   #771

We spent a lot of time looking at new travel trailers and were so disgusted with the quality that we bought used. We have a 2019 Apex Nano that still has a few quality issues but so far I've been able to manage everything without dealer intervention.
scotty54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:11 PM   #772

Well, good luck with your trailer. I hope you have better luck than me.
reneegavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #773

hello

dose any know how to fix window cover with the strings if they don't stay up ...thanks
hockey guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 01:38 PM   #774

Tighten the screws on the spindle at the bottom of the window. If they are stripped use a slightly larger screw. You have have to hone out the spindle a little bit
Boborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 01:10 AM   #775

Another option of they're stripped, remove the screw and fill in the hole with wooden toothpicks (or other wood source) and wood glue. After it dries, reinstall screws and tension accordingly.
BlackDog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 02:14 AM   #776

Someone was asking about a hear hitch. I made one a couple years ago out if an old hitch and square steel tubing. Ended up putting 1 bolt on each side and plus welded it to the I-beam. It's incredibly strong.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210902_112159.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	282975   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210902_112212.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	282976  
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 02:26 AM   #777

I also added solar last year. Renogy four 100w panels with a 30a mppt controller. It was a fun project and I'm glad the mppt is smart enough to equalize my two 6v batteries as the factory converter doesnt have that function.

I mounted the charge controller on the wall on the driver side exterior wall. This allowed me to shorten the run from the CC to the battery. The wiring through the roof was ran inside the upper cabinet to the roof and down the wardrobe on the driver side closet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220520_143913.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	282977  
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 07:11 PM   #778

The placement of the 120V outlet on the left side of the sink is super obnoxious. To plug in any appliance on the counter, you have to stretch the cord over the sink. Seems like an obvious safety issue there, in addition to some things not having a very long cord to begin with. Then the plug is right in the road of going in/out the door.

Has anyone moved this outlet, or added another elsewhere near the counter?
Old 05-17-2023, 09:12 PM   #779

Does anyone happen to know what the awning on our trailers is?

My trailer is out at storage currently, so I can't go inspect it now and I forgot to look before taking it out last time. Half of the cap on the end of it fell off somewhere along the road and the other half was trapped between the awning and trailer, and I'd like to try to find a replacement for it before I take it out next time.

Not sure why the picture isn't being inline here from https://imgur.com/a/DI7x8OP
Old 05-17-2023, 09:46 PM   #780

Quote:
Does anyone happen to know what the awning on our trailers is?

My trailer is out at storage currently, so I can't go inspect it now and I forgot to look before taking it out last time. Half of the cap on the end of it fell off somewhere along the road and the other half was trapped between the awning and trailer, and I'd like to try to find a replacement for it before I take it out next time.

Not sure why the picture isn't being inline here from https://imgur.com/a/DI7x8OP
Looks like this might be a replacement for it just looking at it and the picture I took.
https://pantherrvproducts.com/3317085-000u/