Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2021, 07:10 PM   #1

Apex Nano 213RDS

I am interested in the Apex Nano 213RDS due to its lightweight and layout. One major concern I have is the shower. The shower head faces the shower curtain and I’m afraid of water leaking out and damaging the floor. Does anyone have this or a similar setup? I’d much rather have a model with an enclosed shower, but I will be towing with a Chevy Colorado V6 and am worried about pulling too heavy of a load. (Truck is rated for 7000#).
Any comments on this issue or general comments about the Apex line will be appreciated.
BTW, I am a newbie to the RV world.
raider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:28 AM   #2

We have a 213rds on order. I did a lot of research and, unless you are willing to go with a Murphy bed, it was the only coach in its weight range with double seating area and a walk around bed. I’m not too worried about the shower, and I think one could probably have a solid door enclosure installed aftermarket if it becomes an issue. Now the only question is, when will it get built?,
tsdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #3

@Raider23:

Had ours out last weekend for the first time since delivery. Ran it through the paces so I could identify any issues before winterizing, including using the shower.

The supplied curtain has enough length on it that it sits nicely inside the pan of the shower "stall" and prevents any outbound spray. That said, I started the shower with the the hose / head hanging down (once) and in my hand (the other time) so it wasn't spraying directly onto the curtain when it started. I don't think it would have been an issue, tho. Plenty of water pressure but it wasn't so much that it was going to lift the curtain out of the pan.

I expect that if you had a child in there (or someone who wasn't "careful" with showering, it *might* be an issue but I think they would have to be going crazy with the hose / spray head.

One note: Upon delivery, the shower stall was not very well sealed around the top of the surround and at some of the seams. Also, none of the screws were capped. I had my dealer completely reseal it (clear silicone) and put rubber caps on all of the screws holding the surround in place.

I hope this is helpful info for you.

~sb

P.S. We LOVED the weekend away with the 213RDS and are very much looking forward to an entire season next year.
barden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #4

barden,
Thank you for the response it is most helpful and I’m glad you enjoyed your first weekend trip!
Just wondering what you pull it with and how it handled.
raider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #5

@raider23:

I tow with a 2012 Chevy Tahoe (short body) and had no issues, other than noting a decrease in my fuel efficiency when compared to the Fleetwood pop-up that I had been towing for the last 6 years! ��

Both TT and TV handled very well and parking at the campground was a breeze. I actually find navigating the Apex to be much easier.

Good luck!

~sb
barden is offline   Reply With Quote