Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2020, 07:44 PM   #1

Apex Ultralite 265RBSS access panels -behind the scenes

In our unit there are 3 access panels. One in the bathroom at the bottom of the tall storage cabinet and 2 in the kitchen area. In the kitchen there is one on each side of the furnace/fuse panels. I have included pictures below to show what I found when opening.

I opened them so I could figure out how to winterize the unit and what issues I might have to deal with regarding water pump, hot water heater, and bathroom drains.

Behind the panel nearest the sink was the water pump and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bypass line for antifreeze fill. You turn off the line coming from the water tank, uncap the antifreeze fill line and the water pump will push the antifreeze through your system. Nice.

Behind the panel below the fridge was the back of the hot water heater with 2 valves you also need to turn so water no longer gets into the tank. This will keep the antifreeze out of the hot water tank when you winterize. You just manually drain the tank from the outside and maybe blow it out with air.

The last panel has a drain, plus the lines ( for city water and black flush) coming in from the outside. One of the lines goes up in the wall and has some sort of black valve thing at the top where it splices back to another line. You can barely reach it through a hole on the shelf above. I wonder if that is the city water pressure switch to keep the pump from running when on city water?

I have to remember to mark the valves as to the ďnormalĒ position so I can properly reset them in the spring.

I hope this helps someone. We didnít address this stuff in our walkthrough so I had to do my own discovery. It was fun and interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1030.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	240269Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1023.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	240270Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	240271Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1029.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	240272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1031.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	240273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	240274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	240275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	240276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	240277
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Tim-Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #2

Looks just like my 2019, One thing to address is the shore power connector on the outside. Remove the screws holding it and drill though holes, silicone the back of the connector and install nuts and bolts thru the camper. It will loosen up and let water leak into the compartment under the storage in the bathroom.

Jason
astro-jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro-jason View Post
Looks just like my 2019, One thing to address is the shore power connector on the outside. Remove the screws holding it and drill though holes, silicone the back of the connector and install nuts and bolts thru the camper. It will loosen up and let water leak into the compartment under the storage in the bathroom.

Jason
I will check that out. Thanks for the tip
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Tim-Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, ultralite