Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 09:43 AM   #1

Apex Ultralite 293 RLDS - new owner questions....

Hello Apex Community,

I recently purchased a "new to me" 2020 293 RLDS from a private seller.

Several questions have come up about the camper functions that I am hoping you folks can help answer!

1. Water heater - I have the dual energy (elec/propane) style of heater. Question about function - I ensured it was full of water, I flipped the outside switch to "on" (electric element) waited a decent period of time, no hot water. I then went inside and flipped on the water heater switch and I heard the propane engage - after a while the water was nice and hot. Do I have to run it in dual mode all the time? Or can it function with ONLY electric, and ONLY propane? Does it use propane to heat and then electric to maintain?

2. Inside main cabin lights - I have to manually turn the 4 interior cabin lights on and off using the push button on the actual light fixture. There is a switch position available on the main control pan for a cabin light switch but there is no switch in the position (just a plastic cover over the cut out), can this be added easily?

3. External LP port - I have looked and I cannot find an external LP port for hooking up an external gas grill. The current 2021 website states it has an external LP port. Is this an add for 2021 and not on the 2020 models?

4. Outside kitchen fridge - Is this a 12V unit or 120V? Will this stay cold while traveling (through vehicle power)? Is it shore power only?

We are super happy with this model, just need these few questions answered that we would usually ask a dealer (but this was a private sale and the original owners barely used the camper and aren't much help).

Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to using this forum!
Neil Hunwick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, question, questions, ultralite