Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #21

If you don't have the black tank flush on your unit, get one of the tank flush wands and use that to prevent/remove buildup.

I bought a camper once that I later found had lot of solids in it, it was a bit of a pain to clean out. I filled it with water, let it sit for 3 days then dumped it. I had access to a pasture that had some woodchuck holes so I could get away with dumping at my leisure. I made my own wand with an old piece of water hose and a piece of copper pipe. Closed of one end of the pipe and drilled a hole in the side of it near the closed off end, attached the hose to the other end and clamped it on. Stuck that down the toiled and started blasting water in while turning and tilting the wand to flush out what remained. It took a little while but it did the job.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #22

Yeah I have the flush just a series of mental mistakes. Full timing can make a simple mistake like failing to close a valve compound quickly. Then realizing in the middle of trying to use the flush nothing is coming out. That doesn't leave much wiggle room to do anything from the top.
1998 Rockwood popup
John Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank