Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #1

Black tank flush

Ok Ladies and Gents. My black tank flush doesnt seem to be working. There sounds like there is only a trickle coming out of it. I have changed the anti siphon valve but the problem is still there. Should i replace the whole unit with something like the tornado flush? Attached is a photo of the valve and the "flush." My tank is 33 gal and the flush seems to almost be at the bottom. Any help is appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181220_091936.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	193305Click image for larger version

Name:	20181220_091817.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	193306
swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #2

Forgot to add. Trailer is 2014 Chappy 29BHS
Old 12-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #3

I would guess the tank nozzle is clogged.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I would guess the tank nozzle is clogged.
Is this thing removable?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Maybe it has 'construction' debris in it? Not uncommon in R/V plumbing.

Looks like you'll need to cut/remove the pinch clamp and the hose to unscrew the fitting at the tank.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Maybe it has 'construction' debris in it? Not uncommon in R/V plumbing.

Looks like you'll need to cut/remove the pinch clamp and the hose to unscrew the fitting at the tank.
Thank you i will try that. Any recomendation on getting the nozzle out
Old 12-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
...There sounds like there is only a trickle coming out of it. I have changed the anti siphon valve but the problem is still there. Should i replace the whole unit with something like the tornado flush? ...

to trouble shoot, I'd first get a barbed splicer adapter fitting and two hose clamps(for repair), ... cut the hose between the anti-siphon valve and the tank(wherever is convenient), ... then blow air(water would make a mess inside your unit) from the outside connection port, ... if you get air from the cut hose, you will know the problem is at the tank, if not, then the problem is in the other direction, ... in either case, having cut the hose there will make working/removing hoses, ect. in either direction easier, ... plus, your repair of the cut hose is a simple fix, ....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
to trouble shoot, I'd first get a barbed splicer adapter fitting and two hose clamps(for repair), ... cut the hose between the anti-siphon valve and the tank(wherever is convenient), ... then blow air(water would make a mess inside your unit) from the outside connection port, ... if you get air from the cut hose, you will know the problem is at the tank, if not, then the problem is in the other direction, ... in either case, having cut the hose there will make working/removing hoses, ect. in either direction easier, ... plus, your repair of the cut hose is a simple fix, ....

I sould have stated that I have previously eliminated the anti siphon and went straight hose from the inlet to the tank and still had the problem. Im starting to think that there is no nozzle at all in the tank to make it cleaning and its just the fitting putting water in the tank
Old 12-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #9

Just an update. I pulled the hose going into the BTF. I used compressed air to blow through the nozzel. After that i now have more of a spray then trickle. I guess it's not like my previous tornado flush. To bad there's no way of mounting one to the tank. Thank you all for your input
Old 12-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #10

[QUOTE=swampdonkey772;1992126]Just an update. I pulled the hose going into the BTF. I used compressed air to blow through the nozzel. After that i now have more of a spray then trickle. I guess it's not like my previous tornado flush. To bad there's no way of mounting one to the tank. Thank you all for your input[/QUOTE

If, when you are emptying your tank apply water pressure to the cleanout prior to opening the black tank dump valve. This will agitate the holding tank contents and aid in removing (avoiding) whatever might typically stick (clog) to the cleanout nozzle and also aid in cleanout.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #11

[QUOTE=bubbles;1992230]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
Just an update. I pulled the hose going into the BTF. I used compressed air to blow through the nozzel. After that i now have more of a spray then trickle. I guess it's not like my previous tornado flush. To bad there's no way of mounting one to the tank. Thank you all for your input[/QUOTE

If, when you are emptying your tank apply water pressure to the cleanout prior to opening the black tank dump valve. This will agitate the holding tank contents and aid in removing (avoiding) whatever might typically stick (clog) to the cleanout nozzle and also aid in cleanout.
Oh Good idea. I will do that from now on

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank