Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #1

Black tank flush rinser

Hi, Just bought home a new 2017 Freedom express 248RBS. It has the factory installed black tank rinser. Looking at where you hook the hose up there is a sticker that reads make sure the"full way termination valve is in the on position " Where is this valve located on the trailer?
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

It's your black tank valve.

Here's another thread about it.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
Insert witty title here

The built in rinser on my TT does a really lousy job. I use a rinsing wand instead.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
The built in rinser on my TT does a really lousy job. I use a rinsing wand instead.
Wondering how you know the rinser does a "lousy job"? If you rinse until the water exiting the drain hose is clear, what else can you determine regardless of using a wand or the built-in rinser?
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
Insert witty title here

After using the built in rinser, I can still see debris in the tank when I look down the toilet. The wand sprays out with alot higher volume and pressure which gets out the stuff the stock rinser doesn't.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #6

I still have the wand from my previous TT, but I have used the built-in flush system on my 2016 Coachmen Apex 249RBS with good success. It may be a coincidence, but I think the drop-in packs of treatment seem to break-up solids better than liquid additives, making it easier for the sprayer to do it's job. I'm also patient with it when dumping and let it run through the open black tank valve for 8-10 minutes (using a clear coupling). However, you won't have that option if you're at the exit dump station and someone is waiting behind you!
slottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #7

Quote:
your tank flush spray unit is mounted into the black tank sitting above the drain valve, ..... if you are spraying WHILE you have the drain valve open, you are spraying into/against the flow which is trying to leave the tank, ... yes, the factory should mount that spray unit on the opposite end of the tank, over there the spray would help push the flow to the drain opening, but they don't ... two ways to solve this problem, is: 1) you could install a Quickie Flush unit on that opposite side, they work great, 2) you can spray with the valve closed, then stop the spray and open the drain valve, ... repeat as many times as needed, (this does work, but it's sure better to have the spray coming from the correct side and helping push the junk out)

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:31 PM   #8

It also helps to travel with 10-20 gallons of fresh water in your black water tank, so that it sloshes around inside the tank while you are driving. In 40 years of RV-ing, this is about the only way we have found to wash away residue from the walls of the black water tank, and improve the accuracy of the sensors that are supposed to tell you what level is in the tank.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Our TracerAIR's built-in rinser works WAY better than the spinning wand we used in our Rockwood.
Have a clear connector and I am amazed how much better it cleans the tank and I don't have to drag a hose inside the trailer for the wand.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #10

I usually pursue the black tank dump process in three steps:

1. Initial dump
2. Close the exit valve and, using the black tank flush, fill the black tank to as close as possible to full and then dump again.
3. Repeat step two.

By the end of step 3 the water draining out is completely clear. At a hookup site or dump station I can view the tank level by looking down the toilet exit tube, plus once the tank is almost full the sound of flush water entering almost quits. At home I know it takes seven minutes to fill the tank. At least on my unit the tank flush seems to work very well.

BTW..for the dump station police be advised step 2 and 3 are not done if someone is behind me. That waits until I get home.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank