Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
Full Time RV'rs.

Brookstone 395RL

Back again.

We traded in our Georgetown 378xl for a 2016 Coachman 395RL 5th wheel.

As usual there are some problems. We have the 6 point electric Lippert jacks. Both front and rear are down but the 2 side sway in front of the wheels wont go down. Seems Lippert is out until next week from the holidays. Manual dont say much on this problem. Well at least 4 are down.

Also the tanks? 2 gray and 2 black? Have the one pull valve from the kitchen, 2 pull valves in the side compartment, 1 liquid, 1 body.

Kitchen drains great as we keep that one open. Im confused on all these valves, way diff from the MH.
Nepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #2

You are only 10" longer then me and if yours is the same as mine, you only have 3 tanks despite the control panel showing 2 black and 2 grey. FR seems to use a generic panel for a lot of their models.

I have the same as you, right in front of the tires in the kitchen drain for the grey water and then I have 1 black and 1 grey in the side compartment.

Although I know many don't, I keep both grey and black closed until they get close to full. I don't like the idea of food particles possibly settling in the bottom of the grey tank with the drain valve always open. I work it like the black, keep it closed and then open when it gets close to full so everything is rushed out at once.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #3

In reference to your question on the lippert 6-pt auto level we have the system on our 2016 Chaparral 360ibl so I may be able to help.

We had a couple issues the first time when attempting to auto-level the unit. A successful cycle will involve the unit first finding front to back level, then side to side with the front landing gear and the rear jacks. Once the unit reaches a successful auto-level it will drop the mid jacks to stabilize the unit. We've since found that if your front to back or side to side initial level is too extreme the "auto-level" function won't work. In some cases I've manually got the rv close to level and then hit the auto-level button and ended a successful auto-level cycle. Other issue to note is in some cases the auto-level cycle will indicate auto-level success only to malfunction when the mid jacks drop because they're at the stroke limit (can happen with the rear jacks as well). This usually occurs when the slope of the site (either front to back or side to side) is beyond the ability of the jack in question to accommodate because of stroke limit. In these situations we simply put down some leveller blocks to make up for the extra height between the ground and the jacks.

Overall once we've worked out the nuances/limits of the system we're very happy with the functionality and the ease of setup at camp.

Hope this helps.
kitestiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitestiff View Post
In reference to your question on the lippert 6-pt auto level we have the system on our 2016 Chaparral 360ibl so I may be able to help.

We had a couple issues the first time when attempting to auto-level the unit. A successful cycle will involve the unit first finding front to back level, then side to side with the front landing gear and the rear jacks. Once the unit reaches a successful auto-level it will drop the mid jacks to stabilize the unit.
Interesting change. Our 2011 levels front to back with just the landing gear. Then it drops one side (2) rear jacks and lifts a bit, then the other side (2) jacks and levels side to side. Usually it ends up raising the front a bit at the end. Level.

Just noting the interesting change in how the systems work.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
Full Time RV'rs.

I did get the side sway jacks down with the help of the nice guy at Lippert. He did have me stay on the phone while i did this, asked if the 2 front and rear jacks have been down and leveled the 5th wheel, Yes those are working fine. Told me that the 2 side jacks are for stabilization only. COOL.....YAY

Nice guy to stay on the phone and help me out.
Nepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #6

Glad to hear you were able to get it working. We love our 360ibl but we would've preferred the 395RL - just liked the extra space and the floor plan better. Alas we didn't have the truck for it (2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega DRW) so we settled on the 360. In any case I'm glad you've got that issue put to bed. Cheers.
kitestiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #7

We've got our order in on our 395RL. Should be getting it sometime in early April. We really love the layout.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo