Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #1

Catalina Quality vs Freedom Express????

We are currenting looking at a great deal on a Catalina 313 Legacy vs a Freedom Express. We can save a bit of money on the Catalina....Can anyone comment on the quality of the Catalina product-any advice would be helpful! Is there a huge difference in a stick built/alum sided trailer vs fiberglass? Thanks!
KPB2239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB2239 View Post
We are currenting looking at a great deal on a Catalina 313 Legacy vs a Freedom Express. We can save a bit of money on the Catalina....Can anyone comment on the quality of the Catalina product-any advice would be helpful! Is there a huge difference in a stick built/alum sided trailer vs fiberglass? Thanks!
Hello. In reference to your question. The two trailers are constructed differently. The Catalina is constructed of wood framing in the walls and is covered with the ridged aluminum siding. The Freedom Express model is constructed of aluminum framing and lightweight fiberglass walls. The Freedom Express trailer is a much higher quality trailer. The outside walls are constructed of laminated fiberglass. Their are several videos on line that will show you the difference in construction and building material. If I was making the purchase I would buy the freedom Express trailer first. I hope this helps you with your decision. I currently own a freedom Express trailer and I am quite pleased.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #3

Thanks!

Thank you for your comments. We are going with the Freedom Express and have decided on the 310BHDS! We just ordered it and should be here by 10/1.
Thanks again for your help! -Kevin & Amy
KPB2239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB2239 View Post
Thank you for your comments. We are going with the Freedom Express and have decided on the 310BHDS! We just ordered it and should be here by 10/1.
Thanks again for your help! -Kevin & Amy
Congratulations on your purchase. You will like the 310BHDS floor plan. I currently own the same model in the Liberty Edition. However ours is a 2013. This is a great trailer for a family. I don't know if it's an option now but I wish mine had a sofa bed in the rear bumper k area. When we purchased ours many years ago our children were smaller, now one of our girls are in her teens and sofa couch / bed would benefit us now. My favorite option is the outside kitchen. I really don't think I could own another trailer without one. I noticed some of the other manufacturer's Fe not putting in the wet sinks, We use that the most. All you have to do now is wait for it to arrive. [emoji16][emoji16]. Enjoy it when it arrives. See ya on the forum. Any questions just ask the group you will get sound advise I am sure.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #5

Great choice!! You're going to love it!
287BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 287BHDS View Post
Great choice!! You're going to love it!
The 310 is an awesome family unit. Love my 2018.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_124844.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	186225Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_124729.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	186226
chrishill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #7

we have a 192RBS Freedom Express. My wife and I love it. Hope you are as happy with yours! Happy Camping.
DennisB56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #8

We have the 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 310 BHDS. Maybe I got lucky once in my life as we have only had one major problem with this TT, the A/C units. I am currently on my fourth Dometic 15K A/C unit. Dometic has stood behind their A/C units whereas the dealer has been a PITA concerning this A/C unit. Ours has the bunkroom slide which has been extremely helpful with three g'son's camping with us. Just stick them in "their" room with the TV, play station thingy and other games. The outside kitchen is one of the main reasons we chose this TT, it's so nice to have the sink within reach when I am cooking outside and the dorm sized fridge is nice for mine and the boys cold beverages.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #9

We have a 192rbs and really like the floorplan as well as the couch instead of a dinette. All major components have been trouble free. There were a few things I had to fix, fit and finish types of things, that I didn’t feel like involving the dealer with.
Jfkmk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:50 PM   #10

I am looking at a 2020 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra-Lite 310BHDS. It was great to hear such wonderful comments. I currently have a Forest River Shamrock and we need something bigger to leave at our campsite.
Mhartnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #11

Only issue with mine was there is no heating duct in the bunkroom.
chrishill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #12

We have a 2018 Freedom Express and love it! Only minor issues that I've been able to correct myself.
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishill View Post
The 310 is an awesome family unit. Love my 2018.Attachment 186225Attachment 186226
Nice trailer for sure, but man I really like your camp spot!!!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:37 AM   #14

I believe they put one in on the 2020 edition. Thank You.
Mhartnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #15

What have you had to correct?
Hurlintoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:37 AM   #16
Defender of America

Limited Experience

We purchased a 2021 Freedom Express 192RBS brand new from a reputable dealer. Have only been out for a total of 6 days because it's spent the rest of the time at the dealer to be repaired. Have a front window water issue that no one besides us seems to care about solving.
The front sill collects water when it rains. Back in August They say they had a professional seal it. Picked it up just before Thanksgiving and brought it home. Parked it in the driveway and it rained that night. Checked it out during the evening and guess what?! NOT FIXED, same issue. Took it right back to dealer that Saturday. It's been there since with no solution and no anticipated return dates.
Seems like a disconnect between dealer and manufacture about addressing it. It comes across that they aren't interested in finding out where water is coming from or where it goes after the sill fills up. It doesn't overflow into the interior when it reaches top of sill height. To me, it doesn't stop collecting water it goes somewhere else. I'll bet if I weighed it now we would find that the water is either filling the walls or the floor. But that issue is just dismissed.
Can someone give me any steps or avenues to get them to do the right thing?
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:02 PM   #17

In that area check and seal the 10 or so marker led grommets. Mine were not tight or sealed. Just a thought….
Reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #18
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reetired View Post
In that area check and seal the 10 or so marker led grommets. Mine were not tight or sealed. Just a thought….
They finally "eliminated" the water collection in that area. On my last trip I did notice a light out (although they've only been on twice). I'll test your theory when I replace it. thanks.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, catalina, freedom, freedom express, quality