Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2022, 06:01 AM   #1

Chaparral 336TSIK Surge Protector Install Advice Wanted

Just ordered my Watchdog Hardwired surge protector and am looking for some tips and pics of installs on similar models. I'm wanting to mount it close to either basement door where it's easily visible. I'm also going to do a flush mount with just the face visible to make it a cleaner mount.

I'm also going to be maybe modifying the basement walls some to give me some more room down there. I've seen on other models where someone was able to move a wall back a few inches to a foot. I know there's open space back there but you just have to watch out for the wiring, piping and vents.

I'm hoping to do this within the next week or so and if I think about it, I'll take plenty of pics and maybe a video or 2.

Thanks in advance
USAF Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:43 PM   #2

Did you complete this install? Did you move the wall? I suspect my Chaparral 360 has a very similar configuration in the basement.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:51 PM   #3

I did. I started a new thread and added pics. Gained quite a bit of room and the Watchdog was a very easy install.

Here’s the thread:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...in-246467.html
USAF Retired is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chaparral