Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #1

Chaparral 360 IBL junk

Anyone out there with experience in filing a lemon law suit for RVs? We have a 2017 Forest River 5th wheel that we bought in Sept last year. In the last 8 months we have had it in for warranty repairs 6 or 7 times for issues with both a/c units, heater, water heater, control panel, refrigerator, landing gear, stabilizers...and that's just the major items. As we sit here on another trip and our main a/c is not working again, we are fed up. Any recommendations or advice??
Texag98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #2

Chaparral 360 IBL junk

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your unit. It seems no matter what manufacturer you choose there are issues. On the bright side, eventually you should be able to fix all the issues!!! We just purchased a 2017 Coachmen Chaparral 392 MBL.

After a quick Google search, it appears the laws vary from state to state but it seems like the process starts with speaking to a lawyer in your area.
Gsxrgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #3

I would think it would be through the State attorney generals office. Each state would have different rules and regs concerning lemon laws. So sorry to hear of your problems. Have you contacted the factory? If not,when you do,don't threaten any legal dealings.They will not help at all then.Just seems like your dealer isn't doing his job an taking care of the problems for you. We are lucky in that regard.The few little things we had fixed,were done right the first time. Good luck to you on getting it taken care of.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
I would think it would be through the State attorney generals office. Each state would have different rules and regs concerning lemon laws. So sorry to hear of your problems. Have you contacted the factory? If not,when you do,don't threaten any legal dealings.They will not help at all then.Just seems like your dealer isn't doing his job an taking care of the problems for you. We are lucky in that regard.The few little things we had fixed,were done right the first time. Good luck to you on getting it taken care of.

I got with the dealer again this am and they are going to be conference calling lippert and Forrest river. They are each blaming each other. It seems that almost all the problems stem from the new MYRV systems and no one knows how to work on them yet. If this doesn't work I'll call Forrest river direct next and try to find local attorney. From what I've read lemon laws in texas don't favor consumer much. Thanks for input.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #5

I believe that coacjman will do right by you. Good luck again and keep us posted.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #6

Sorry to hear this... we are very happy with our 2016 360IBL! Granted there is no new RV which is problem free... our dealer was great about fixing all of our issues. What is this my RV? We don't have that.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
Sorry to hear this... we are very happy with our 2016 360IBL! Granted there is no new RV which is problem free... our dealer was great about fixing all of our issues. What is this my RV? We don't have that.

Glad to hear one works! We love our 360. The layout and amenities are great just wish we could take a single trip where everything works!

The MY Rv system is the new iPad control system where all lights slides HVAC etc are controlled through an iPad touch screen.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #8

Sorry to hear... I know lots of other FR products have used a system similar for years.

Hopefully you can get some resolutions soon and get back to enjoying your camper.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:34 AM   #9

Sorry to hear of your issues. You will have to check with your state but there are very few lemon laws for RVs. You would need to exhaust all avenues from the dealer to the manufacturer before that avenue would be open anyway.

Good Luck !!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #10
Just A Member

Contact your local Better Business Bureau. One great place to start without contacting an attorney which can become very expensive. They should give you good guidance and help if it comes to having to work with lemon laws, certainly in Texas. Good luck!
ckeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #11

I'd never go to the dealer for an appliance repair, especially AC. When my furnace had a problem I emailed Atwood and they took care of it. Most areas have a lot of Dometic authorized centers for AC, refer, and all else.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #12

Problems

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems. Takes the shine off a new, very expensive toy. As I read your post, it seems most or the problems ate caused by the electronic controls of various features. I've been lucky. All my RV's have been purchasef used. All had old style manual controls. One unit had a refrigator go bad, leak. I let a water heater freeze one winter.
I am afraid of technology. Bob Vila touted an all electric, computerised home a few years back. After many years of money and pronlems he gave up on it.
I don't like complicated solutions for simple problems. Again----Sorry. Let us know how it works out
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote