Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #1

Chaparral 392 MBL Stereo issue

I’m suddenly having an issue with my stereo system randomly turning on by itself. The system will turn on, show “aux” then flash “loading” until I turn it off....then the circle happens again.

I’ve tried to depress the reset button and held it for 10-15 seconds but it does not seem to do anything. Any suggestions?
Gsxrgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #2

In my new Apex 265RBSS I just experience something similar. The Jenson radio/dvd player unit was off. As we were hooking it up to the truck we heard music playing. It was on. I don’t know if it was because we unhooked shore power so or what? So I wonder if related issues.
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Tim-Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #3

Not too sure, I was able to “reset” it but that did not solve anything. It is still turning itself on and is constantly displaying “aux” then flashed “load” every once in a while.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #4

Anyone?
Old 08-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
Not too sure, I was able to “reset” it but that did not solve anything. It is still turning itself on and is constantly displaying “aux” then flashed “load” every once in a while.

Any thoughts?

The radio coming by itself hasn't happened again. Maybe it was operator error. I'm thinking you might have a bad unit?
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Tim-Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #6

It seems strange that, suddenly after three years, it’s happening now. Also, everything else works completely fine. Does anyone know if a “wireless signal” like Bluetooth has the capability of turning the stereo on remotely?

I’m grasping but, we recently added Roku TV into our unit as we now have internet at our lake and wonder if it’s interpreting the internet/Roku signal as a Bluetooth music request and turning itself on.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:49 AM   #7

I Have a Chaparral 360IBL with the same radio. Those things are junk. I had mine replaced under warranty for randomly turning on. The new one wasn’t any better. My dealer had to replace several radios for the same issue in other campers. We don’t use it so I just pulled the fuse.
T1545jh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stereo