Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #1

Clipper 17bh winterizing valve?

Does anyone know if this model comes with a bypass hose/valve to suck antifreeze from the bottle into the lines for winterizing? My old tt had one and it was super easy to do. I had a quick peek and the appears to be a valve/hose that may be this, but the hose looks quite short? I can't really get a good look (or a pic) without removing the mattress, and I've got a few more trips before I'm done, so I'd rather not do that... Anyone know?
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #2

Look under the sink at the pump.. you might have to remove a panel to get to it.. You should see a short piece of hose with a cap on it coming from the pump line.. there should be a valve there to switch from fresh water to your suction line..

Joe
meganjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #3

Like Meganjoe said there's one in the cabinet under the sink. But you'll probably find that the hose is too short to reach to the bottom of a gallon size jug of RV antifreeze. I plan to add an extension on mine.

2017 Ford F150 w/ 3.5 EB
2014 Coachmen Viking 17FQ

Colorful Colorado
La Plata View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #4

But the pump on mine is under the main bed in a box in the pass through storage. Do you guys have the same model? Sounds like the same short hose I'm seeing tho...
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
But the pump on mine is under the main bed in a box in the pass through storage. Do you guys have the same model? Sounds like the same short hose I'm seeing tho...
Thanks!
That's probably it.. like Barry said you might have to make an extension so it's long enough to go in a gallon jug...

Joe
meganjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #6

I am having the same issue. Tried to hook up an extension to the hose under the bed and turned the valve a 1/4 of a turn but when I turned the pump and water on there was no suction from the bottle. Not for sure what could be the problem.
jracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:14 PM   #7

Are you sure you have a good seal on the extension hose? Any leak there would allow the pump to be sucking air rather than the antifreeze. If that's not the problem then it may be a defective in the three way valve.

2017 Ford F150 w/ 3.5 EB
2014 Coachmen Viking 17FQ

Colorful Colorado
La Plata View is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #8

Hey Guys
I have a 17BH and the pump is below the bed. I do not see a hose there to attach to, the only hose leading into the pump from the fresh water tank is literally shorter than 3" (a short hose comes up with insulation around it and almost immediately has a plastic 90 degree fitting, from this fitting to the pump there is less than 3" of hose).

Is this hose below the trailer? Trying to winterize mine and was not sure how to put a T intersection in or if I already had an input somewhere. The past 2 winters my trailer was winterized in a shop, so there must be some sort of input I would think.

Any help appreciated
kklemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #9

Winterized mine today.
There's a short hose with a black screw-on cap. It's located on a t, with a valve, near the pump. All in a box under the bed. (I also removed the struts that hold the bed up because they don't allow enough height to get underneath to do frickin anything!)
After draining then recapping everything, I turned the valve, stuck a hose firmly INSIDE the cap (1/2" outside diameter Watts clear hose from Home Depot fit perfectly), turned on the pump, and turned on the bathtub faucet. Then flushed the toilet until pink, then the sink.
Worked perfectly...

Tags
winter, winterize