Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
WNY_Clipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSBR View Post
Good!, how do you like it so far?
It's 100% better than the cheap one that came with it.
__________________
2017 Coachmen 17FQ Clipper (Sold)
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
With the batteries installed:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5990.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	145438  
MattSBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #43
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
My mods:
-LP gauge
-New countertop with larger & deeper stainless steel sink & 3 burner stovetop
-Added doors to dinette and under furnace
-Pop-up counter
-TV above bedroom window but remove during travel
-Portable dvd shelf
-Magazine & space racks between cabinet doors
-Cutting board rack below & flashlight holder below pop-up counter
-Bathroom medicine cabinet, shelf and towel rack
-Outdoor shelf
-Led awning light strip under gutter rail
-Rear pvc clothes drying rack
-Electric jack
-2 Under frame vinyl sewer storage posts
-12 Volt power cut-off switch
-Copper Chiclets (like smart tiles) rear & side wall stove back-splash
-Bathroom door full length mirror & coat hangers
-White painted skylight & clothes pole in shower
-Led lights in pantry
-Small mirror above sink
-probably more to come!

2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner
forestgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaandspike View Post
Just ordered the stove cover and a bunch of other stuff...it's never ending.
What does everyone do with the bottom bunk window? Have read that you can use "reflective" material of some type and double sided velcro. What is the reflective material? Any other solutions? Don't know why they didn't put some type of curtain there.

2016 Clipper 17BH
2004 Toyota Tacoma V6 (w/new frame thanks to recall)

The reflective mat'l is called reflectix, Google it, and you will get many size choices. Hopefully, your local Home Depot or Lowes has some ( mine do not ). Anyway, I have a Pop up camper, so I have used a bunch of it . It really does a great job. On my bunk ends, I get a good 30-35 degree diff between areas with and without it. Good luck.
__________________
2015 FR Classic 625D
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE
Dodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgray View Post
My mods:
-LP gauge
-New countertop with larger & deeper stainless steel sink & 3 burner stovetop
-Added doors to dinette and under furnace
-Pop-up counter
-TV above bedroom window but remove during travel
-Portable dvd shelf
-Magazine & space racks between cabinet doors
-Cutting board rack below & flashlight holder below pop-up counter
-Bathroom medicine cabinet, shelf and towel rack
-Outdoor shelf
-Led awning light strip under gutter rail
-Rear pvc clothes drying rack
-Electric jack
-2 Under frame vinyl sewer storage posts
-12 Volt power cut-off switch
-Copper Chiclets (like smart tiles) rear & side wall stove back-splash
-Bathroom door full length mirror & coat hangers
-White painted skylight & clothes pole in shower
-Led lights in pantry
-Small mirror above sink
-probably more to come!

2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner
Impressive number of mods! I want pictures
MattSBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #46
CDM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 23
PICS

I need pics too!!
__________________
2015 Chevy Colorado LT
Clipper 17BH
CDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Berks County, PA
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSBR View Post
With the batteries installed:
Nice idea of using the Rubbermaid container for a battery box.

I have wanted to have two batteries and that seems like a good way to keep things covered up yet accessible when required. I see you have two 12-volt batteries. What Group # did you get in and what size container? Thanks
__________________
2017 Coachmen Viking 21RD

2015 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 w/Timbrens
5.3L V8 3.42 Gears Reg Cab 8' Bed
Curt Trunnion WD Hitch
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Waterops1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:26 PM   #48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Thanks! 8 gallons box and they are 27.
MattSBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #49
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
I would post pics, just don't know how?
__________________
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17bh
2016 Toyota 4Runner
forestgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
Post reply, click on manage attachments
MattSBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Thanks, I will try to post pics as soon as I can take some.
__________________
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17bh
2016 Toyota 4Runner
forestgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #52
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 19
I received my marine control board plates! All those ugly stickers are now removed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17AEACCC-49DC-4E7C-82AD-CA2E4B2120FA.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	147973   Click image for larger version

Name:	58B98274-7B78-47C4-B9FC-0948A39296E8.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	147974   Click image for larger version

Name:	C049E0A0-B2F5-4193-866C-C611D4E0CF2E.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	147975   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AFB5BB2-D224-47D6-B2DE-CC116EBEB68E.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	147976  
MattSBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
WNY_Clipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSBR View Post
I received my marine control board plates! All those ugly stickers are now removed!
Very nice!
__________________
2017 Coachmen 17FQ Clipper (Sold)
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 12
3000 watt inverter install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_200224.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	148509   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_174504.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	148510   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_100006.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	148511   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_095938.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	148512  
Redneckstylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Hi,

New user here that has been lurking for a few weeks. Need some help with a 17FQ wiring. Note this issue was checked on two different tow vehicles with factory tow packages and it was the same on both.

Issue is
1. With truck lights OFF, all brake, turn and running lights work fine.

2. With truck lights ON, right brake and turn and running light work fine.
Left side: running light works but NO turn or brake light.
Checked bulb, swapped with right side and placed new bulb in as well.

In looking at junction box under trailer on front, all wire are mated 1 to 1 except for two. The brake wire has 3 wires which seems right (blue wire).
The GREEN wire has a green going towards rear and a green\white that goes out towards front and up into trailer.....this seems odd.

Can some one please check their junction box and see if you have similar wiring? Red to red, brown to brown, blue to blue and black....and green to ??????

Thank!!!!from the newbie,
Giller01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 122
Smile Batteries

Which is better and why? Two twelve volt batteries or two six volt batteries? Thanks in advance.
ijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
WNY_Clipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller01 View Post
Hi,

New user here that has been lurking for a few weeks. Need some help with a 17FQ wiring. Note this issue was checked on two different tow vehicles with factory tow packages and it was the same on both.

Issue is
1. With truck lights OFF, all brake, turn and running lights work fine.

2. With truck lights ON, right brake and turn and running light work fine.
Left side: running light works but NO turn or brake light.
Checked bulb, swapped with right side and placed new bulb in as well.

In looking at junction box under trailer on front, all wire are mated 1 to 1 except for two. The brake wire has 3 wires which seems right (blue wire).
The GREEN wire has a green going towards rear and a green\white that goes out towards front and up into trailer.....this seems odd.

Can some one please check their junction box and see if you have similar wiring? Red to red, brown to brown, blue to blue and black....and green to ??????

Thank!!!!from the newbie,
I'm not sure if this will help you, but I took a picture of mine before I started wiring in my Battery Cut-Off switch. I will try to climb under today if this doesn't help you. The taped up wire was a shotty job from my dealer while they were troubleshooting a short in my brake wiring. It looks like they spliced it several times tried to locate the short.

__________________
2017 Coachmen 17FQ Clipper (Sold)
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:50 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
WNY_Clipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post
Which is better and why? Two twelve volt batteries or two six volt batteries? Thanks in advance.
I would think 2-12's are better than 2-6's, but 2-6's are better than 1-12.
It's all about the current!
__________________
2017 Coachmen 17FQ Clipper (Sold)
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
WNY_Cllipper, thatnks.
Question. From pic it looks the you do have a white/green wire tied into the greens - is that correct? And the Yellow - is it connected?
I think a trip to dealer is in the near future for me.......
Giller01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller01 View Post
Hi,

New user here that has been lurking for a few weeks. Need some help with a 17FQ wiring. Note this issue was checked on two different tow vehicles with factory tow packages and it was the same on both.

Issue is
1. With truck lights OFF, all brake, turn and running lights work fine.

2. With truck lights ON, right brake and turn and running light work fine.
Left side: running light works but NO turn or brake light.
Checked bulb, swapped with right side and placed new bulb in as well.

In looking at junction box under trailer on front, all wire are mated 1 to 1 except for two. The brake wire has 3 wires which seems right (blue wire).
The GREEN wire has a green going towards rear and a green\white that goes out towards front and up into trailer.....this seems odd.

Can some one please check their junction box and see if you have similar wiring? Red to red, brown to brown, blue to blue and black....and green to ??????

Thank!!!!from the newbie,
Seems you have an issue at #1. If the truck lights are OFF, the TT's running lights should also be OFF. (I'm assuming "running lights work fine" means they are ON.)

Many issues with TT lights can be traced to a bad ground somewhere.

Also, if the lights are incandescent, sometimes one can burn out, but rather than the filament breaking and causing an "open," it falls down across the two posts that held it, creating a "short."

Also, is this a brand new trailer, or did the lights work OK before?
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.