Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #1

Coachmen antenna connections

I have a new coachman freedom express. On the outside I have 2 different antenna connections. One on each side of the RV. What is the difference between them? Inside the RV on the amplifier there are 2 connectors .the tv is connected to one of them, what is the other connector used for. I ask the service dept where I got my RV these questions, and they couldn't answer me. Can you believe this?
pmorris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #2

The connection on the passenger side is probably an out port for an external TV.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #3

Thanks bubbles, any idea what the 2 connectors are for on the amp
Old 10-11-2017, 07:18 AM   #4

When you say "amp" what amplifier are you referring to?
Old 10-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #5

I agree with "bubbles" on the passenger side connection. The "amp" that "pMorris1" is referring to may be the amp for OTA (antennae) port. On my Freedom Express there are two cable ports on the wall plate. I could never get the TV to work with OTA (over the air) connection nor the satellite connection. It turned out the the amp was wired wrong from the factory, imagine that folks. I finally ran a "home run" connection for the satellite with a new connection port on the outside of the TT. The only place I have ever been able to obtain an OTA signal is in my driveway and I can get only one channel. It has one of those flat non-rotating antennae's on the roof. Heck, we don't use the OTA anyway, it's satellite or movies.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #6

If you are referring to the over the air antenna booster select plate it is not an amplifier, it is just the switching for the 12 volts that is supplied to the antenna where the amplifier is located. I thought the OP may be referring to something different.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. Now I understand the setup. I didn't no the amp was in the antenna. The two connectors on the wall plate are for tv 1 and tv 2 if used. Same signal to each connector. If your connected to cable tv in a campground, do you leave the power to the ant amp off. Or if the lights on on the wall plate is it boosting the cable signal same as it does for over the air channels? Is it possible to add an additional amp inline with the RV antenna for a better signal

Tags
antenna