Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2021, 08:59 AM   #1

Coachmen Catalina Legacy Ambience Package

We have a 303RKDS, and the invoice states it has the CAT2428-3 Ambience Package - Power Awning W/Multicolor Customizable LED Strip and Remote.

However, we did not get a remote at delivery, and they ordered one. It arrived with a small controller box, as well. The remote did not do anything by itself, and a closer examination of the LED strip under the awning revealed that it only has two wires (red and black) going to it. The controller has a 12V connection that would take the output from an adapter that plugs into 120V, for example, an IR receiver at the end of a short wire, and a small, flat connector with four pins as output.

Of course, there is no way to hook up the controller, and the lights are obviously not multicolor, since there are only two wires leading to them. Has anyone else with a Catalina Legacy gotten the correct, multicolor LED lights? I've searched all over, but cannot find out what actual part number or item it should have been.

Thanks!!
Old 01-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #2

With a brand new rig and the off camping season now I would take it to the dealer and tell them to fix/install the proper equipment to meet the invoice while the warranty is still valid.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #3

Excellent advice! And, I should have mentioned in my post the situation.

We have our camper on a permanent site (and are using it every other weekend), where it was delivered by the dealer, who is a six hour drive away. Unfortunately, the dealer who is 45 minutes away was over $4,000 more, including the higher delivery cost. Also, while we could, likely, adjust it on our site, I would not use our F-150 to actually pull it any distance.

So, I was trying to get more information about what the lighting should or could be, so we can determine how best to ask the dealer to make it right. They have been really good to work with, so far, and saving so much, I am willing to work out a few minor issues.

Thanks for the reply!!

Tags
cat, catalina, coachmen