Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #1

coachmen chaparral lite 30bhs

Just purchased my 1st 5'ver. I didn't notice any threads on it yet and since it's a new model thought I would start one. We were looking at the Arctic Wolf 315tbh but like the floor plan of the Chaparral 30bh so we bought it. We pick her up in a couple of days. Is there anything I should look for in the walkthrough or that I should ask? Also not being too familiar with the Chaparral line, is there anything particularly good or bad about them? I'm really hoping we made the right decision. But everything I've read said said all RVs are pieces of crap and there will be something wrong with them so find the floor model you like and get that one. So that's what we did.
THEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I don't believe all RVs are pieces of carp, with that said what you end up with somewhat depends on the due diligence of the buyer. use the search section and pull up PDIs don't get rushed and test everything even if the dealer assures you it works this includes slides stabilizers eat everything. Then camp for a couple of days close to the dealer and continue to test things.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:14 AM   #3

Seadog I didn't think of looking at pdi's on the Forum here thanks for the info. I already have a list going but I'm sure I can find more things here to look for on my PDI which is on Sunday. I already told them to have the refrigerator plugged in and running for when I get there I can check the temperature. It's just too bad I won't be able to check at both on the electrical and on gas. I do plan on my due diligence. Luckily I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I imagine I'll be fixing a lot of items myself.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #4

Well after a 4.5 hour PDI we brought her home. She pulled like a dream and even got 12.7mpg on the 94 mile trip home from the dealer. Tire temp was only 92 degrees fahrenheit when we arrived home. This is my first 5'ver and would like some opinion on how she sits on the truck. Is she level enough or do I need to drop the hitch down an inch or two to achieve perfect level? Of course dropping it down answer to put the trailer closer to the bed of the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1020191733_HDR.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	217756  

Tags
coachmen, lite