Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #1

Coachmen Freedom Express 276RKDS leaks

We have had or 2015 276RKDS in for water leaks that only happens during rain while it’s being towed. The dealer had it twice. Once for two months and once for three and a half months. We picked it up after they replaced the seals around one of the slides and off we went. Unfortunately we drove one day in the rain and arrived in Florida to find the bedroom slide still leaked. Not once during February did it leak while parked during heavy rains.
Last night in SC it rained all night and found all our hanging clothes/coats in the rear closet soaked half way up from wicking. We can’t feel/find any wet walls in the closet. We are not happy campers!
Has anyone else had this problem?
ksbatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbatey View Post
We have had or 2015 276RKDS in for water leaks that only happens during rain while it’s being towed. The dealer had it twice. Once for two months and once for three and a half months. We picked it up after they replaced the seals around one of the slides and off we went. Unfortunately we drove one day in the rain and arrived in Florida to find the bedroom slide still leaked. Not once during February did it leak while parked during heavy rains.
Last night in SC it rained all night and found all our hanging clothes/coats in the rear closet soaked half way up from wicking. We can’t feel/find any wet walls in the closet. We are not happy campers!
Has anyone else had this problem?
Their has been conversation that if you travel down the road and leave the roof vent open with sometype of cover over the vent it causes a suction and draws in water. On my own unit, which is a Coachman I discovered the
a/c unit was loose. I removed the filter cover and then the other interior trim cover and tightened the 4 mounting bolts. After that I had no move leaks. Mine also leaked while driving in the rain. Best of luck in solving your problem.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, freedom, freedom express, leak