Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
Up until 2008 or 2009 coachmen was kind of known as an entry level model. When forest river took over it seems as the build quality has definitely improved. I think most people don't realize this is not the coachmen it used to be.
i agree, all i saw from Coachmen before, were wood-framed aluminum sided trailers.
nothing like they have now.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #42

Ok, for all those that thought the Nissan Armada would be overloaded with this trailer, here are my weights.

7240lbs- Trailer loaded with all except clothes and food
800lbs Hitch Weight (11) percent of total weight

As for the Armada:

GVWR- 7150
CVWR- 15100
MAX TOW- 9100
MAX TONGUE- 910
MAX FRONT AXLE- 3399
MAX REAR AXLE- 4299

Actual weights with difference from max:

5400lbs with a half tank of gas (Another 10 gal until full about 80lbs)
7150-5400= 1750 left for payload not including tongue weight
1750-800 (tongue weight)= 950 for rest of payload

Front axle- 2640
3399-2640= 759 left

Rear Axle-3520
4299-3520= 779 left

Tongue weight- 800 (11 percent of total trailer)
910-800=110 left

Gross combined- 12640
15100-12640= 2640 left

With my family of 4 including me, we are under all weights.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #43

Just curious what was the yellow sticker weight. I am curious what your gear weighs.

My yellow sticker is approx 6200 and I estimated about 700 lbs of gear.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
Just curious what was the yellow sticker weight. I am curious what your gear weighs.

My yellow sticker is approx 6200 and I estimated about 700 lbs of gear.
Mine said 6400 and change I believe.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #45

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Ok, for all those that thought the Nissan Armada would be overloaded with this trailer, here are my weights.

7240lbs- Trailer loaded with all except clothes and food
800lbs Hitch Weight (11) percent of total weight

As for the Armada:

GVWR- 7150
CVWR- 15100
MAX TOW- 9100
MAX TONGUE- 910
MAX FRONT AXLE- 3399
MAX REAR AXLE- 4299

Actual weights with difference from max:

5400lbs with a half tank of gas (Another 10 gal until full about 80lbs)
7150-5400= 1750 left for payload not including tongue weight
1750-800 (tongue weight)= 950 for rest of payload

Front axle- 2640
3399-2640= 759 left

Rear Axle-3520
4299-3520= 779 left

Tongue weight- 800 (11 percent of total trailer)
910-800=110 left

Gross combined- 12640
15100-12640= 2640 left

With my family of 4 including me, we are under all weights.

Picking up our 292BHDS next Thursday and looking at these numbers makes me feel more comfortable with what to expect as My 2008 5.4L F150 Screw looks like it'll handle the load no problem. The yellow sticker weight on ours is 6104lbs (non Liberty/Maple Leaf Edition). I'll be using a Husky Centerline WD hitch. We'll see how well it works.
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Picking up our 292BHDS next Thursday and looking at these numbers makes me feel more comfortable with what to expect as My 2008 5.4L F150 Screw looks like it'll handle the load no problem. The yellow sticker weight on ours is 6104lbs (non Liberty/Maple Leaf Edition). I'll be using a Husky Centerline WD hitch. We'll see how well it works.
WELCOME!! Are you on rvnet also? You chose a really nice coach. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask on here.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #47

Yup I'm on RVNet as well.

Ya it is really nice. We've seen a ton in our price range and size, and we kept coming back to the 292BHDS. We really wanted an outdoor kitchen and this one has one of the best outdoor kitchens I've seen. I like the Azdel composite walls. They seem like they'll last a real long time, and no mold or separation problems plus half the weight of wood core (luan)!

We'll do a driveway camp on the weekend and see how everything works. I'll keep you posted of any questions or concerns .
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #48

Glad to see! Did you have another trailer before?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #49

No first one. Had a boat before.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #50

Wow, I cannot wait for your camping report. I came up from a popup. I cannot wait to see how you think. Do not forget some items that will be needed for the trailer. Here is a small list I made:
- Water pressure reducer
- Wheel Chocks
- 2 boxes of 10 Lynx Levelers Walmart ($32 per box)
- 3 Entrance step covers ($9 each at Walmart)
- Fresh water hose (White)
- Sewer hose (Recommend better then the basic hose with sewer head screw on and at least 20ft long)
- Fuses
- Tool Kit
- A good WD hitch with Sway control
- Black tank additive (Some come in packages)
- Internal and external cleaning supplies/Dish detergent/RV toilet Paper
- Dishes/Silverware
- Towels/rags/Sheets/Pillows/Blankets/Memory foam topper
- Trashcan with trash bags
- Regular waterhose (green)with y adapter so you can hook up your trailer water supply the same time. Also a waterhose sprayer
- Ladder (Use the ladder so you can use the water hose to spray the dirt and leaves off your slide before you close it or include a slide topper but will cover your skylight)
- Awning lights and hangers
- Welcome mat
- Large mat to cover the area beneath the awning.
- TV cable 20ft
- External Surge Protector
- Smaller flat screen for the bunkhouse with 5ft tv cable.
- Small green propane tanks for your outside grill
- Grilling tools
- A level to put on the floor to check how level the trailer is.
- Extra batteries for your remotes and smoke detector
- Water filter
- A few plaster storage containers with lids for storing some of this stuff that will fit in outside storage area.

Some of these items can be transferred between the house and the trailer. You will find it more convenient to have some for the trailer itself.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2
Wow, I cannot wait for your camping report. I came up from a popup. I cannot wait to see how you think. Do not forget some items that will be needed for the trailer. Here is a small list I made:
- Water pressure reducer
- Wheel Chocks
- 2 boxes of 10 Lynx Levelers Walmart ($32 per box)
- 3 Entrance step covers ($9 each at Walmart)
- Fresh water hose (White)
- Sewer hose (Recommend better then the basic hose with sewer head screw on and at least 20ft long)
- Fuses
- Tool Kit
- A good WD hitch with Sway control
- Black tank additive (Some come in packages)
- Internal and external cleaning supplies/Dish detergent/RV toilet Paper
- Dishes/Silverware
- Towels/rags/Sheets/Pillows/Blankets/Memory foam topper
- Trashcan with trash bags
- Regular waterhose (green)with y adapter so you can hook up your trailer water supply the same time. Also a waterhose sprayer
- Ladder (Use the ladder so you can use the water hose to spray the dirt and leaves off your slide before you close it or include a slide topper but will cover your skylight)
- Awning lights and hangers
- Welcome mat
- Large mat to cover the area beneath the awning.
- TV cable 20ft
- External Surge Protector
- Smaller flat screen for the bunkhouse with 5ft tv cable.
- Small green propane tanks for your outside grill
- Grilling tools
- A level to put on the floor to check how level the trailer is.
- Extra batteries for your remotes and smoke detector
- Water filter
- A few plaster storage containers with lids for storing some of this stuff that will fit in outside storage area.

Some of these items can be transferred between the house and the trailer. You will find it more convenient to have some for the trailer itself.
We finally are getting the 292 bhds liberty edition model next Friday. We to found this coach to be by far the best on the market fit and finish and a weight under 6400 lbs. We really liked the outside kitchen and are upgrading from a pop up as well. Can not wait to pick up the new coach and try the driveway camping before our maiden voyage that next week.
bmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
We finally are getting the 292 bhds liberty edition model next Friday. We to found this coach to be by far the best on the market fit and finish and a weight under 6400 lbs. We really liked the outside kitchen and are upgrading from a pop up as well. Can not wait to pick up the new coach and try the driveway camping before our maiden voyage that next week.
CONGRATS!! Boy, it is getting close!
You are required to give a full report. If you have any questions, of course pipe up.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #53

Hey does the Colemen stove in the outdoor kitchen on this unit run off the trailers propane or on its own small propane bottles?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay
Hey does the Colemen stove in the outdoor kitchen on this unit run off the trailers propane or on its own small propane bottles?
No, it runs off the green propane tanks you can get from walmart. It is actually better since you can cook away from the trailer and not get grease on anything.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #55

Quote:
No, it runs off the green propane tanks you can get from walmart. It is actually better since you can cook away from the trailer and not get grease on anything.
Bummer. Oh well it shouldn't be too hard to run a line from the trailer tanks back to the outdoor kitchen.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Bummer. Oh well it shouldn't be too hard to run a line from the trailer tanks back to the outdoor kitchen.
I think the furnace is not far from back there so most of the lines are probably already there. You will just need to put in a tap. Something to think about is that with the outdoor kitchen door is up, all the smoke and cooking waste that floats is going to get on it. You will have to keep it clean or could mess up the skin of the door on the inside over time. The small green propane tanks are like 6 dollars for 2 at Walmart. I have not used a total of one yet in three meals.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #57

Might want to look at the new (at least to me) light hangers. They are velcro type that you can leave on and roll up with the awning. Saves a lot of time especially if a storm blows up out of no where and you have to get it up in a hurry! Also awning tie downs have saved our awning more than once.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #58

Quote:
I think the furnace is not far from back there so most of the lines are probably already there. You will just need to put in a tap. Something to think about is that with the outdoor kitchen door is up, all the smoke and cooking waste that floats is going to get on it. You will have to keep it clean or could mess up the skin of the door on the inside over time. The small green propane tanks are like 6 dollars for 2 at Walmart. I have not used a total of one yet in three meals.
Good point. Didn't think about that. I might just then buy a sheet of stainless steel and apply it to the inside of the door. That'll be mush easier to keep clean.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay

It doesn't have a hose and fitting underneath the camper to hook up the propane? That's how ours works. Doesn't make sense to still have to use the 1-lb bottles. And we used our outside kitchen for an entire season (60+ nights) and we didn't get anything on our outside kitchen door.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
It doesn't have a hose and fitting underneath the camper to hook up the propane? That's how ours works. Doesn't make sense to still have to use the 1-lb bottles. And we used our outside kitchen for an entire season (60+ nights) and we didn't get anything on our outside kitchen door.
No it does not have a connection. I actually prefer to be able to use the grill where I want. Comes in handy when cooking together at another trailer. The hose connection will hold you to a specific area. Others find that more convenient though. I did not know if stuff would get on the door or not. I thought it would be possible that it could since ours lift straight up and the grill is under it. It will not be hard to put a connection on the trailer. You will just have to hunt down the hardware and connections for the grill itself.