Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
No it does not have a connection. I actually prefer to be able to use the grill where I want. Comes in handy when cooking together at another trailer. The hose connection will hold you to a specific area. Others find that more convenient though. I did not know if stuff would get on the door or not. I thought it would be possible that it could since ours lift straight up and the grill is under it. It will not be hard to put a connection on the trailer. You will just have to hunt down the hardware and connections for the grill itself.
We just bought a 4 pack of the 1lb bottles at Costco for $12.99. We'll see how long they last and weigh that in comparison to the hardware required to hook up to the trailer propane. If I only use 4 bottles for the year, then I probably won't bother installing the propane line as I can imagine it would take quite a few years to recoup the hardware costs if i'm only paying 13 bucks a year on the small bottles.
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #62

Not counting the cost of the propane that you use from the trailer itself.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #63

Well tomorrow is the day we pick up or new 292BHDS. The whole family is pretty excited.

I already have a couple of mods I'll be tackling this weekend. I'll be installing a Quickie Flush tank flusher. (we didn't get the Liberty/Maple Leaf edition which comes with one). And then I'll be installing an alarm system mostly for when its parked in my driveway. I want to know when one of the nosey neighbourhood kids decide they want to "check it out inside" in the middle of the night.

For all you current owners, did the bathroom towel and TP rack come installed or did you install it yourself, or did you have the dealer install it where you wanted?

Any tips on what to look/ask for would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #64

My dealer did not install the rack or toilet paper holder. They said people like it in different places which I can see. Just make sure you get them and the free camping guide/atlas. For things to look for is to look in the camper inside and out. Pay attention to the walk through. Look for any leaks even in cabinets. Test everything out to make sure it works while at the dealership. Make sure the hitch is setup correctly if you have some distance to drive. Ask any questions that you may have before you leave. That is about all I can think of for now. Good luck with the delivery!!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #65

Thumbs up

Picked up the trailer yesterday and boy does it look bigger in my driveway than it does on the dealers lot.. LoL!!

1st things 1st . We bought this trailer from Ruston's RV Centre in Burlington, Ontario.
I have to say that this dealer was fantastic all the way throughout the whole process. We met Rob (one of the owners) at the Toronto RV show a couple of months ago and throughout all the shopping around and haggling stage, he was a Professional, through and through. He was straight up and honest and didn't bash any competitor we compared , just highlighted any differences between the Freedom Express, and other mfg's trailers we where looking at and, gaves the pro's and con's etc... of each.

Now to the delivery day yesterday. While we finalized the paperwork, Rob had his service guy Steve grab the keys to our truck and began setting up the Husky Centreline. By the time we came out , he was ready to do the PDI and the walk around of all the systems. Again Steve was fantastic, he clearly explained all the systems and how to work them, answered any questions we had and made sure we understood everything. He even installed the TP and towel holder where we asked and adjusted the screen door that didn't latch completely, all with a friendly happy demeanour. He even helped set up my Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller which I had installed myself, so really he had no obligation to do so, but like I said this dealer is fantastic!

So now the trailer is hooked up to the truck and we drive off into the sunset with our new 292BHDS in tow. The drive home wasn't a far one, however it was a combination of Highway, and city. I will provide a more detailed analysis of the towing with this combo, after a longer trip, however preliminary observations are that this truck, trailer,WDH combo works very well. Don't get me wrong, at 100Km/h, you do know the trailer is back there, but it is NOT a white knuckle experience. In fact it might actually improve with a bit more load in the trailer to bring the tongue weight up a bit more.
Also the Tekonsha Primus IQ works like a charm! I didn't really feel any of the trailer weight when braking!

I'll post a few pics in the next couple of days and provide more details of issues/concerns or cudos.

2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
Old 03-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #66

AWESOME!! I am glad you had a great experience. Make sure you read the discussions online about the proper WD hitch setup procedures. Getting your hitch dialed in will drastically improve the towing experience if it is not setup correctly. Let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward in to seeing your pics.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #67

Here are some pics of both FT W Crew and I campsites at Moss Park Orange County Fl. We both have the 2012 292BHDS Liberty Edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PANO_20120331_111625.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	11519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120331_095459.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	11520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120331_111346.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	11521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120330_101106.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	11522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120331_111703.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	11523  

Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #68

We picked up our 292BHDS liberty edition on Friday and just like pwrplay said, boy does it look bigger in the driveway then on the lot. We are in the midst of getting everything packed into the trailer, we leave for our maiden voyage on Monday for a 7 night stay over spring break. Kids are excited to go camping in the new coach. Big difference from the popup we had before this one. Walk through went well, caught a leak with the toilet, they had to take off the toilet and had to reset the ring underneath. This trailer pulled like a dream with my hitch setup. I went with a propride P3 setup. I did forget to ask during my walkthrough where the bypass valve is on the hot water heater is as well as where you need to have the antifreeze for it to be pumped into the water lines. Looking forward to the camping season and the new coach. We'll keep posted on any mods as we go camping.
bmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
We picked up our 292BHDS liberty edition on Friday and just like pwrplay said, boy does it look bigger in the driveway then on the lot. We are in the midst of getting everything packed into the trailer, we leave for our maiden voyage on Monday for a 7 night stay over spring break. Kids are excited to go camping in the new coach. Big difference from the popup we had before this one. Walk through went well, caught a leak with the toilet, they had to take off the toilet and had to reset the ring underneath. This trailer pulled like a dream with my hitch setup. I went with a propride P3 setup. I did forget to ask during my walkthrough where the bypass valve is on the hot water heater is as well as where you need to have the antifreeze for it to be pumped into the water lines. Looking forward to the camping season and the new coach. We'll keep posted on any mods as we go camping.
Congrats on your new coach!! Pics when you get a chance. Yeah, I think we all realize the size of the coach when it is in our driveway. Enjoy your maiden voyage! That is some shake down. I believe the bypass vale for the water heater is in the water heater compartment from the outside. I forgot what my walk through said about the antifreeze. I remember a little about running the water pump to cycle it. I jest do not remember where to put it in.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
Congrats on the new trailer. If memory serves me from the walk around last Thursday , I think he said the bypass valve is under the lower bunk on the drivers side. You have to remove the wood panel under the mattress I believe.

Have a great 1st trip!.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
Old 04-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #71

We really like our 2011 we tow it with either a 08 LIncoln Navigator or a 06 F-350 with a hensley arrow hitch. Don't even know the trailer is back there with the 1 ton and with the Navigator you know it is there but thats it, it pulls amazing. Only trouble we have found is the crappy 14" rubber they put on it. Blew two of the factory tires not even 1000 KM's in.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #72

Ok so I towed the trailer with both 2009 f150 and the 2007 expedition el. For those of you wondering which towed better I would have to say its a toss up. Both had pros and cons.

The ride is actually smoother in the expy but I could feel more body roll on the expy versus the f150. Probably due to the independent rear suspension versus the straight axle on the truck.

Gas mileage definitely better in the f150

with 3 kids (two which are in car seats the expy wins in this category plus we have the DVD player in expy.

The hitch was actually a little high on expy as the trailer was setup for the truck. Easy fix though.

It is nice to be able to throw bikes in the back of truck so the f150 wins this one.

All in all they both tow it fine.

So the question now, does anyone know anybody looking to buy a fully loaded still under factory warranty 2009 ford f150 lariat super crew 2wd. I will sell it for payoff. If so send me a message.

We need to keep the expy as family vehicle.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #73

I am glad everyone is having good luck with these trailers. Weird seeing the issue on the tires. No issues on this side yet. I do not think I have heard anyone else having issues either. I will keep a lookout though.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #74

FT W Crew,

I pull with a 2003 Expedition and I load my bikes on the roof using the luggage bars. Here is a link to what I use. I am using three racks at this time and looking to add a fourth which will be the max for the weight on the roof rack which is a total of 200 lbs. They work great and easy to load as long as you are not too short. LOL I am over 6 ft. so that helps.

Amazon.com: Yakima Raptor Aero Upright Bike Mount: Sports & Outdoors
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #75

PBR. I have two heavy bikes one lighter bike and two small bike (twin 3.5 yr olds). The twins bike fit in back no problem but being vertically challenged (5'8") I don't know how the roof racks would work as I would be the one putting them up there. I appreciate the link.

I was thinking of having a platform welded to the back (extra welds) or maybe something on tongue. The only issue w tongue would be the extra tongue weight, bikes plus rack would be probably 200 lbs. any one have a good link or suggestion for back platform type rack?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #76

Shake down trip: issues found.

1 the hose connecting the shower head to faucet was cracked on both ends and was spraying water. Probably over tightened at factory, replaced w one from lowes $12 with metal ends and about a foot longer. Used outside shower hose inside to finish trip as it was the same one. Was not worth dealership trip for this.

2. The silicone used between the bathroom sink and wall underneath cabinet was not caulked to my satisfaction. I removed and put a nice bead down. Again not worth trip to dealership.

3. I found two small spots outside where the silicone was also a little skimpy. One was on the driver side where the front cap meets side wall. Looks like it was the end of a run or tube. The other spot was on the curb light ( round one on the passenger side up top toward front). I used a 50 year clear silicone to fix this. Once more, not worth trip to dealership as I already had the silicone out.

I have to say I have bought several Rv new from dealerships and by far the build quality on this one far exceeds any of my previous ones.

One thing I did notice is a little water on the floor by the back bunks. I believe this is condensation coming from the a/c vent near the bunks and I have only found it after running the a/c and then towing the trailer. None when camping only towing after camping. Anyone else have this issue?

I have added some photos of my mods so far in my album. Nothing major as of yet but more to come.

Happy trails.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #77

Well, after returning from camping yesturday, I did a lot of preventive maintenance. I lubricated every moving part, treated the rubber seals and also washed/waxed (Turtle Wax Ice) the trailer. I even got up on the roof to inspect the sealant and to wax the top center front cap. I was very impressed how well the roof could support my weight (230lbs). Everything looked great and now I feel better knowing that the entire trailer is protected from the sun for another 3 months.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #78

Second time out with the new coach and was wondering if anyone has noticed this with their coach. When backing into my campsite and having to cut the corner to get into my spot I could see the wheels actually bending. Has anyone else experienced this, is this suppose to occur with the wheels?
bmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #79

This will always be normal especially with the wide set axles on this trailer. It does it worse the heavier it is also. I am not a fan of the wide set axles for this reason it puts alot of extra stress on your components. On the positive side your trailer shouldn't be heavy enough to cause and damage unless you are severely overloaded.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #80

My husband noticed that too. He called Forest River, and they said it was normal.
83480coachmen is offline   Reply With Quote