Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Picked up the trailer yesterday and boy does it look bigger in my driveway than it does on the dealers lot.. LoL!!

1st things 1st . We bought this trailer from Ruston's RV Centre in Burlington, Ontario.
I have to say that this dealer was fantastic all the way throughout the whole process. We met Rob (one of the owners) at the Toronto RV show a couple of months ago and throughout all the shopping around and haggling stage, he was a Professional, through and through. He was straight up and honest and didn't bash any competitor we compared , just highlighted any differences between the Freedom Express, and other mfg's trailers we where looking at and, gaves the pro's and con's etc... of each.

Any chance you could share the best price you saw on the Maple Leaf Edition?

Seems like the dealers up here are jacking the prices way up (no competition, go figure) but would prefer not importing one from the US if I don't have to. Been looking at both this one and the 320 but not sure if I really want to be driving around in something that large with all the hilly terrain we've go out this way.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl4 View Post
Any chance you could share the best price you saw on the Maple Leaf Edition?

Seems like the dealers up here are jacking the prices way up (no competition, go figure) but would prefer not importing one from the US if I don't have to. Been looking at both this one and the 320 but not sure if I really want to be driving around in something that large with all the hilly terrain we've go out this way.

Thanks in advance.

The Maple Leaf package was going for about 29000.00 at the RV show last year I believe. We didn't bother with it because the only feature the Maple Leaf Edition had that we REALLY wanted was the black tank flush, so I had one installed on our non- Maple Leaf 292. The rest of the Maple Leaf options are cosmetic in nature which we couldn't justify the extra price. Now if they gave me the MLE for the price I got the non MLE, I would have gotten it for sure.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
The Maple Leaf package was going for about 29000.00 at the RV show last year I believe. We didn't bother with it because the only feature the Maple Leaf Edition had that we REALLY wanted was the black tank flush, so I had one installed on our non- Maple Leaf 292. The rest of the Maple Leaf options are cosmetic in nature which we couldn't justify the extra price. Now if they gave me the MLE for the price I got the non MLE, I would have gotten it for sure.

How do you like your trailer to date?

Would you have bought the trailer if you had to do it all over again?

Sorry for all the questions but I've seen a couple posts about issues on them and was a bit concerned.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl4 View Post
How do you like your trailer to date?

Would you have bought the trailer if you had to do it all over again?

Sorry for all the questions but I've seen a couple posts about issues on them and was a bit concerned.
We love the trailer, and I would/will be buying another Coachmen for sure.

Any TT will have issues of some sort, I think the key is how well your dealer and/or manufacturer handles the issues, warranty or not.
Our dealer has been fantastic and has repaired anything that has gone wrong without losing any days camping.

Just look on any forum from any manufacturer/brand/model and you'll see they all have their share.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #145

PECO campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgee View Post
Thanks for the info. That helped a lot. How long did it take to take delivery on your new trailer after you placed the order. Thinking about ordering one.
Glad to hear you recommend PECO Campers. Did you purchase from PECO? We are looking to upgrade from our popup to the 29bhds and just love the unit so far. We will be going to look at the unit in person next weekend at PECO Campers in Atlanta and wanted to know your experience if any. Also, who would you recommend we work with there? Any experience with General RV? Thinking about looking at General RV to purchase from as well. PECO is about a 2 hour drive from the house as we are remote in the Great Smoky Mountains but everything is quite a drive for us anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
courtmacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #146

So I got a call from my dealer today and he said our 292BHDS has arrived and I'm planning to go pick it up on Thursday.

My wife and kids are very excited, but one thing I forgot is whether or not I should have a 30 amp outlet run to the exterior of my house, so that I could do a little camping in the driveway.

Thoughts?
Hornswoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #147

Make sure its only 30 amp-a lot of new campers are 50
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #148

Congrats on your new rig! For info purposes, this model is 30 amps. Give us some details when you pick it up. Be sure to get a detailed walk through and test EVERYTHING out. Inspect with a fine tooth comb. Have fun!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
So I got a call from my dealer today and he said our 292BHDS has arrived and I'm planning to go pick it up on Thursday.

My wife and kids are very excited, but one thing I forgot is whether or not I should have a 30 amp outlet run to the exterior of my house, so that I could do a little camping in the driveway.

Thoughts?
Congrats on the new trailer, I'm sure you'll love it.

If you won't need to use the AC in your driveway you probably won't need to add a 30 amp outlet. Just be mind full of how many things you have turned on in your TT or may trip your house breaker, that about it.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post

Thoughts?
This is exactly what I have done. There was some spots left in the outdoor breaker box. I bought a 30 amp breaker, an rv 30amp plug box, outdoor wire at a gauge that can handle 30 amps, electrical wire PVC to run the wire from the outside box to the rv box, and all appropriate connectors for the wire entrance into the circuit breaker boxes to keep the weather out. Really not that hard to do. Everything included was less then 100 dollars. It is nice to have AC in the driveway.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #151

You can run the A/C off of a 20 amp outlet as long as you're not running anything else major at the same time. I was going to do the same thing and was informed by the members on here it wasn't necessary.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #152
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
You can run the A/C off of a 20 amp outlet as long as you're not running anything else major at the same time. I was going to do the same thing and was informed by the members on here it wasn't necessary.
Normal household outlets are 15 amp unless specifically wired for 20amp.

20 amp outlet.

Name:   nema-plug-5-20p.jpeg
Views: 488
Size:  8.6 KB
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Normal household outlets are 15 amp unless specifically wired for 20amp.

20 amp outlet.
Attachment 29404
All the outlets in my garage are on 20 Amp circuits and the plugs don't look anything like that. This is what a regular 20 Amp outlet looks like.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #154

I think you can even get 20 Amp outlets without the extra leg on the larger hole.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #155

Well...I brought it home last Thursday and man is it fun! We plugged it right into an exterior outlet, like the one below, and it is working great. We have hung out in the camper and watched the Blackhawks game, cooked out on the grill and have generally enjoyed it!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #156
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post

All the outlets in my garage are on 20 Amp circuits and the plugs don't look anything like that. This is what a regular 20 Amp outlet looks like.
Don't want to argue here but a true twenty amp outlet is what I have pictured above.
What you have pictured is a 20/15 amp universal outlet .
A true 20 amp device has one prong turned sideways.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #157

You are correct, but I had an adapter off the 30amp plug on the camper and used a standard heavy duty extention cord to power the basics of the camper. We are not running th AC or anything...
Old 05-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #158

Here are a couple pictures from when we picked it up...VERY, VERY happy

Old 05-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #159

Congratulations, you sound just like we did last year when we first got ours home.
How did the Armada do pulling it?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Don't want to argue here but a true twenty amp outlet is what I have pictured above.
What you have pictured is a 20/15 amp universal outlet .
A true 20 amp device has one prong turned sideways.
What you pictured is a 20 AMP 250 volt outlet. Cooper Wiring Devices 20 Amp Commercial Grade Straight Blade Single Receptacle - White-1876W-SP-L at The Home Depot

What I pictured is a 20 amp 120 AMP outlet. Leviton 20 Amp Commercial Duplex Power Outlet - White-R62-CBR20-00W at The Home Depot

That is what this whole discussion is about. I don't know why you're bringing a 250 volt outlet into the conversation

To Hornswoggle, you can run your AC off off a 20 amp 125 volt out without issues. If I'm wrong, I'd welcome a real electrican to weigh in here and set me straight.