Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2022, 08:05 PM   #1

Coachmen Spirit 1943RB questions

if anybody out there owns one I have a couple questions.

I see it has a heated basement, is the fresh/gray/black in this heated basement?
are the drain valves in this heated basement or are they external to the RV where they would freeze during "extended season" camping if I went somewhere that temps dropped below freezing at night.

do you keep the bed propped up during the day?

when I look at pictures of the bed lifted up I see what looks like you can walk up the middle of the bed between 2 supports, and each has 6 slots on each side. Are these drawers? or just open slots to store under the bed? if open slots, is there a divider so you have 3 slots on bottom partition and 3 slots to access top partition?

do you add additional storage by putting stuff in plastic totes in this section between bed side supports?
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 03:28 PM   #2

for the heated basement, the tanks are heated by a furnace duct being routed into that area, then the Coraplast screwed to the frame keeps the heat in. We don't use ours in freezing conditions, so cant really say how well it works, but on other rigs, we never had things freeze up Including the water lines. The drain valves as well as low point drains are exposed directly to the elements.

As for the underbed area, we never leave the bed in the up position. The right wing of the storage is just open storage areas with fish nets keeping things from falling out, no drawers, though they could easily be added. On the left wing, we have 4 small drawers and then the laundry basket. In the middle while traveling we keep an ottoman with storage (we use for bedding and an electric heater), we just slide it out and in front of the sofa when traveling.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:25 AM   #3

thanks. I found a local dealer has a slightly used one we might go check it out.

But I still don't understand why they have heated basements but put the black/gray valves outside. it removes the ability to call it 4 season.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, questions