Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #1

Coachmen Table issues (base comes unattached from table)

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the bases coming unattached to the table?? Every time we've folded our table down one base always is unattached and I am very gentle about it (find screws on the floor). Now last week Hubby lowered it and both have done this so it's a major problem now. Brand new camper last fall so not too thrilled. Anyone have suggestions on how to resolve? IT seems like the pipes are a very tight fit into the base and this is what is probably causing it. Hubby tried shaving some of the plastic out of the base but that really didn't help.... Thanks much
WI Margbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #2

Picture of table setup that I'm talking about....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apex Nano TableB.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	183529  
WI Margbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #3

I replaced those stupid legs....

I had an issue where the bases actually cracked on the inside and caused the posts to be extra wobbly. SO. I attached the table to the wall with THIS channel. When you tilt it up, it comes apart!

Then since the table is attached to the wall (But can still be removed easily) I put a single swinging leg on the end found HERE

Problem solved. It's WAY easier to setup / tear down the table, it's more sturdy and solid, and now I don't have to mess with those stupid legs.
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #4

I also have had the base parts crack and leave the table very wobbly. Probably due to the g'boy's leaning on it too hard. There was no plastic in the two bases that cracked, just thin molded aluminum. I have the "U" shaped dinette so using that aluminum channel is out for me. My table does seem to want to lean towards the back seat of the dinette causing the table to be way off level. Pet peeve of mine. I bought an adjustable leg similar to the one kfergiez showed the link to. I put it under the table on the side closest to that back seat of the dinette as a prop to keep the table from leaning. Worked for me

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
I also have had the base parts crack and leave the table very wobbly. Probably due to the g'boy's leaning on it too hard. There was no plastic in the two bases that cracked, just thin molded aluminum. I have the "U" shaped dinette so using that aluminum channel is out for me. My table does seem to want to lean towards the back seat of the dinette causing the table to be way off level. Pet peeve of mine. I bought an adjustable leg similar to the one kfergiez showed the link to. I put it under the table on the side closest to that back seat of the dinette as a prop to keep the table from leaning. Worked for me
@Thurman.... I also have a U shaped dinette and our table leans as well, it bugs me. Can you post a pic of where you have it installed under the table? Thanks
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #6

That's the same table setup I have and it has been fine for the last couple years. I do like the new free standing tables but until this one craps out, I will continue to use it.
stevegotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI Margbabe View Post
Picture of table setup that I'm talking about....
Yuppers. Had the same issue. Mine was actually mounted to close to the window and wouldn't allow the blinds to close. I ended up ripping the table right off by accident.
So I removed all the screws and remounted the table in the proper position. This time making sure that none of the screws were over tightened, and we just leave the table up every time we travel. Never had a problem since.
DMcGruther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen