Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #1

Coachmen windows

Ok now that I feel my fresh water tank problem has been fixed, on to the next problem. Does anyone know how to adjust or repair the knob crank out windows on 2010 Coachmen? The windows have never closed completely. One side or the other always leaves a gap and I have to go out and push them closed. When the trailer was under warranty a dealership had someone from the factory work on them. They were a little better until the warranty ran out....of course. I am getting more and more disappointed in this choice of manufacturer. Had a 1996 Coachmen prior and had fewer problems with it in all 14 years. Doubt I'll be able to tolerate this one too much longer. Next one will NOT be anything FR has to offer.
nastyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
daydreaming about camping

keep in mind the windows are made by someone other than coachmen. Can you identify the manufacturer of the actual window? It might help in troubleshooting them. I have not seen crank out windows on the Coachmen line I own, but I believe some other lines have them. I recall reading about how to dissemble the geared crank. perhaps search in the general tech area here on the forum.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen