Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #1

Combining exit ports

It appears I have two grey tanks in my 28RKS. 1 for the kitchen and one for the shower with two separate exit points uggggg. Has there been any posts about running a line from the kitchen exit to the more centered bathroom/main exit point. I do plumbing and contracting so cutting and adding pipe is not a major issue. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
jsj248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Really not that tough to just use a 'Y' connector.

I would think the plumbing project you have in mind might be more trouble than it's worth.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #3

PVC

I was thinking about running a 1" pipe from the back (after valve) to the front 3" after valve. This way I would not need the extra hose or Y valve. After dumping black and then shower-I could simply dump the back kitchen and be done? I thought 1 hour of plumbing vs. extra hose Y fittings over a period of ten years would be worth the time
Old 09-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Some people have done it, but it will really depend on the specifics of your rig. Do you have the right room, to get the right slope, to move your drain to where you want it? In most cases where I've seen dual sewer outlets, it's because the axles happen to be in the way. If you can get past them (with the correct slope for draining) then by all means, go for it. If anything, you could actually gain a bit of grey water space that way, with the extra volume of the extra run.

Oh, and of course, if you do do it, you have to come back and post some pics.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #5
D W

I have the same configuration on my 27RKSS. IMO, not really feasible as you will have to route your pipe over top of the axles as the tires/wheels are too close to the outside of the frame. Just a long run of pipe and it may be impossible to get the downward pitch correct as the galley tank outlet is below the frame. Only takes me an extra two minutes to dump the galley tank.

My view is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #6
Site Team

We have the 5th wheel sister to DW's RV and they were connected from the factory.

The rear galley tank has the valve at the rear corner of the RV and there is a 1½" pipe ran along the frame, supported with conduit hangers, toward the 3" outlet and it connects to the 3" sewer line opposite of the shower grey tank outlet.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #7

I think the easiest solution is to use a one inch garden hose, RV pipe to hose adapter, and a so called "flushing" elbow (those clear right angles with the water hose fittings for attempting backflush). That'll cut down on your sewer hoses.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #8

Thank you

I will do some engineering in the next few days and get back to the forum. I have considered the idea of the hose to a flush cap but if I can weld in something more permanent, I certainly would like that as they have done on the fifth wheel. The actual plumbing line need not be below the actual drain caps; just below the tank itself...... THANKS