Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #21

Water Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.mcintosh40 View Post
What's killing me about it is the camper just came from the factory last Friday and I bought it Thursday. And picked it up yesterday I couldn't see it that well because it was dark outbon the walk through because of the weather is going back Monday morning
We just bought a Forest River Solera 24R last March, and in a recent heavy rain storm, the cap filled up with several gallons of water that sloshed into my lap when I moved it. The service person from the dealership found that there was a more than 1" gap between the top of the cap and the attachment seam. The attaching adhesive had been improperly applied so the two mating surfaces were never joined. There was also dirt and tell tell water tracks indicating that it was never sealed. I think that the factory has a production schedule to keep, and if something goes wrong, they will just let it ride as a warranty issue. There is no doubt that you have water damage. Check the seams on the roof to see if you can find a place where they were not properly glued/sealed.

Hope you get it resolved. Especially if there is wood construction involved...
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #22

Push outward toward the seam where the plastic joint is if water oozes out you have a leak my friend. You can also pull the plastic joint down out of its track and see if there is water in there. As mentioned, it could just be discoloring. If it has rained in your area recently you may a roof leak. A reseal may be necessary.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water