RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #1

Dometic furnace

Have a Coachmen 321 fedsle TT and Dometic furnace failed after having run out of LP gas. When the TT was built they put the furnace below and outboard of the refer against the outside wall and behind the a/c d/c converter panel. The service mgr at Coachmen told me that to get the furnace out so it can be serviced, I had to remove the electrical panel...... there "should" be enough slack in the wires to get them out of the way. Then remove the adjacent blank panel by the water pump. then remove the cabinet frame rail to allow the furnace enough room to be moved so it's accessible. The very notion that I would have to disassemble cabinetry to access a serviceable item...... I about hit the roof. Why on earth did they not put an access door on the outside of the TT?????? Well that's the project for this week end. I can't believe how these things are designed with zero accessibility!!!!i
I'll let y'all know how this works out.
Tow Haul 3.55 rear
Hingham, Mass.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
Head Rambler

How did the furnace fail?

If the RV ran out of LP it may take several times for the furnace to light, but it should light back.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #3

Dometic

Numerous tries to start. Finally got it going with several successful starts and then it failed again.
Got an external door kit but it wonít work due to adjacent components. So at this point Iím just disgusted.
I refuse to dismantle cabinetry like I was told was necessary by the Coachmen service mgr. Just a pi55 poor way to design an RV.
capt104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, furnace