Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #1

Faucet Change

Using our new Spirit XTR 2146BHX. This kitchen faucet is so high, and the sink shallow, that water just constantly splashes out on counter. Iím guessing the fix is to replace with a faucet lower and closer to sink?
Can any faucet from a home store be used or does it need to be something special for trailer use?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4132.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	257735
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #2

You can use any faucets from a Lowes/Home Depot in your RV and they'll look and perform better than the ones you're replacing. Last fall, I replaced four sink faucets and the drains in my new Sabre. All of 'em I got from Amazon and were residential quality. They look and work much better than the cheap, plastic faucets and drains that were installed by the factory.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Using our new Spirit XTR 2146BHX. This kitchen faucet is so high, and the sink shallow, that water just constantly splashes out on counter. I’m guessing the fix is to replace with a faucet lower and closer to sink?
Can any faucet from a home store be used or does it need to be something special for trailer use?
Attachment 257735
I just changed ours from too low to a design like yours.
Really really really check the connections on your present hookups, or, if you’re into it, disconnect it, take it with you to compare to the next one.

You don’t need “Just for RVs”……
They don’t exist.

BTW…..does yours have an aerator in the tap today? That helps diffuse any splashing.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
and if we ever need it, can be pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I just changed ours from too low to a design like yours.
Really really really check the connections on your present hookups, or, if youíre into it, disconnect it, take it with you to compare to the next one.

You donít need ďJust for RVsĒÖÖ
They donít exist.

BTWÖ..does yours have an aerator in the tap today? That helps diffuse any splashing.

Iíve left the site for a while but I remember it does have that screen on the end, Iím assuming thatís the aerator?

We love the access a higher faucet gives, guess itís a trade off. Maybe Iíll look for one with a pull down sprayer end so just pull down in sink when needed?
Old 06-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #5

Quote:
I’ve left the site for a while but I remember it does have that screen on the end, I’m assuming that’s the aerator?

We love the access a higher faucet gives, guess it’s a trade off. Maybe I’ll look for one with a pull down sprayer end so just pull down in sink when needed?
i just changed out the aerator on my Prime time Crusader 27rk due to splashing, used a low flow one from walmart, but i removed the little metal metering disc that makes it low flow. left all other screening in place, and it functions 100% better than the original aerator that was on the faucet.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogieboy View Post
i just changed out the aerator on my Prome time Crusader 27rk due to splashing, used a low flow one from walmart, but i removed the little metal metering disc that makes it low flow. left all other screening in place, and it functions 100% better than the original aerator that was on the faucet.

Thanks for that tip. Iím going to take my current one off and check it first, maybe I can just remove that disc.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #7

Looks like the same faucet we have in our Spirit, itís the most goofy faucet Iíve had. It doesnít splash like yours, but drips whether water is hooked up or the pump is on, but the goofiest thing is after turned off it still emits a stream of water kind of like it has to have the spout cleared.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolland View Post
Looks like the same faucet we have in our Spirit, itís the most goofy faucet Iíve had. It doesnít splash like yours, but drips whether water is hooked up or the pump is on, but the goofiest thing is after turned off it still emits a stream of water kind of like it has to have the spout cleared.

Iíve noticed after shutting off mine does still run and drip for about 5-10 seconds, but it does stop after that.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Iíve noticed after shutting off mine does still run and drip for about 5-10 seconds, but it does stop after that.

I take that back. After driving home I realized it dripped a significant amount after disconnecting water
Old 06-25-2021, 06:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Same as ours. In 65+ years of using a faucet itís the first to do this. When I see a good sale on a Moen faucets it will be replaced.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #11

The OP doesn't state what water source he is hooked up to when he has the splashing problem. I'm wondering IF he is hooked up to water at home or a CG that has water pressure over 45 PSI. Maybe put a pressure regulator in the system and see IF they still have the splashing problem.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
The OP doesn't state what water source he is hooked up to when he has the splashing problem. I'm wondering IF he is hooked up to water at home or a CG that has water pressure over 45 PSI. Maybe put a pressure regulator in the system and see IF they still have the splashing problem.

Campground source and I did have a 40-45 psi regulator installed

Tags
faucet