Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

First Trip! Apex Nano 193bhs

Ok, we got our first trip out of the way. It as just a weekend getaway to a provincial park 40 minutes away from home, but it was still camping! It ws so tough to go to work today.

No issues with the trailer. The Pathfinder pulled in nicely with all the family included. The Blue Ox Sway Pro was excellent - I think I finally found the right number of chain-links. I used 8 during my PDI, but thought being loaded with gear and people I should move to 9. Regretted it as it was too hard to put on and get off with 9 links. Even when I raised the TV with the trailer jack, the tension was just to much and removing it was asking for injury. I went back to 8 links and it is more than fine.

Backing into the spot was easy (I practiced the weekend before). I actually had a harder time backing into my driveway when we came home!

The only challenges had nothing to do with the trailer. I forgot my wallet at home. My wife was a little sick before we left, but she came anyway. But she burned herself picking up our fire poker that was left a little too close to the fire. And, my son seemed to get sick as we were leaving and got worse as the weekend wore on. We actually left a little early on the last day so that we could take him to the walk-in clinic.

2 issues that I would like to hear from others:
1. At the dump station the hose provided at the campground did not have a threaded end so I could not connect it to my black tank to flush it out. Is this normal at dump stations? I just ended up dumping a few gallons of water into the toilet at the dump station to "flush out" the black tank.
2. I think my gray and black sensors are not working properly. I know we were only there for 36 hours or so, but the gray and black sensors still read empty and when I dumped them they were certainly not empty. I have heard of sensors malfunctioning reading full when they are empty, but not the other way around. It is only 1 year old - could sensors be damaged already?
BlueOx Swaypro WDH
Husky Quest Brake Controller
cityfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:06 AM   #2

There was no end on the hose because they don't want you blocking the dome station or using a ton of water while you flush your black tank.

the tanks sound like you have lost a ground check all the connections.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Site Team

Yep, pretty common thing at state and national park dump stations.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep, pretty common thing at state and national park dump stations.
Thank goodness it's not like that at our SP here in Indiana! And I used the black tank flush. When we go camping, it's usually during the work week so we generally have the dump stations to ourselves.

As for your sensors, you could have a faulty monitor. I know on our Apex, our local dealer discovered our unit was bad and replaced our monitor under warranty. You might have your dealer check yours as well.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #5

I might also mention something about the Blue Ox. We also use it on our Apex 269RBKS. Do yourself a favor and ditch the tool that came with it, your knuckles will thank you. Get a 2 foot breaker bar and socket. This works much better and safer, IMO......

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I might also mention something about the Blue Ox. We also use it on our Apex 269RBKS. Do yourself a favor and ditch the tool that came with it, your knuckles will thank you. Get a 2 foot breaker bar and socket. This works much better and safer, IMO......

Agreed on the wrench. Hate it already. Have the 6 point socket on order from Amazon already!
BlueOx Swaypro WDH
Husky Quest Brake Controller
cityfrank is offline   Reply With Quote