Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #1

First trip with the 2016 Apex 288 BHS - Some issues

Our first campground trip in the new Apex came with a few issues. As I mentioned in another thread, the cable TV hook up was dead and midway through our first evening the AC seemed to no longer be cooling the camper. It was running but no air was coming out of the vents. I pulled the cover, with the AC off to look at the fan. No visible issues. When I turned it back on everything worked although it did seem a little louder. It cooled off fine and ran for theft 24 hours but seemed like it should have cooled a little better. When I came home and plugged it into our normal outlet but the AC kept tripping the breaker. We have used the same circuit for three campers including this one and never had an issue running the AC so I doubt that is an issue now. I suspect the AC has an issue creating an extra load that is tripping the breaker in our house. Of course we plan to camp this weekend but not without AC. I guess we will see if Campers Inn Pittsburgh will fix it this week. We had a bunch of small issues that I fixed myself already but this one is annoying

Mike
Mikemiller69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:51 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Let's hope it gets fixed
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #3

Please check back in and let us know how Campers Inn service is. We purchased our Apex 288 there while it was under Clems... Service was pretty poor. I'm hoping the new owner took some notes on what not to do. Thanks, and good luck on the fix.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:10 PM   #4

On a good note, they are able to get it in on the 5th. This is our 3rd camper we purchased here. I would agree the service left quite a bit to be desired. Ill keep you posted.

Mike
Mikemiller69gs is offline   Reply With Quote