Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2022, 11:32 AM   #1

Freedom Express 192rbs table rack help

Working on the load plan for the front storage area. Pretty much figured it out, but ran into an issue.

Hoping someone has come up with a solution. BTW this may apply to other models with the table storage rack on th eceiling of the pass through storage.

When I unsnap the retention strapit falls to the other side and can't be reached to reconnect. Thinking of tying a small rope to it so I can pull it back, but open to suggestions.
belairbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #2

Interesting question. We have the same rack in our 25SE but so far haven't used the table so haven't encountered this issue yet.
Rosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:37 PM   #3

I had that issue one time and was thinking of doing the same thing. I used Velcro (but you could use string) and connected it in a diagonal loop across where the two strap cross. It’s loose enough so the straps move against each other but tight enough to keep the buckle from falling trough the loop.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:46 PM   #4

I had the same thing happen yet. Haven't bothered with a solution yet. On a side note, I was thinking of lining the metal rack for the table with some sort of rubber because it is scratching up the table.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:06 AM   #5

Hose or tubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipntdot View Post
I had the same thing happen yet. Haven't bothered with a solution yet. On a side note, I was thinking of lining the metal rack for the table with some sort of rubber because it is scratching up the table.
Poke around at Lowe's or Home Depot and look at the various sizes of hose and tubing in the plumbing department. Find a size that would just fit over the rack, Make lengthwise slide along one side of the tubing and snap segments around the rack elements.

(You can also use material from the auto parts store: hose in sizes from small vacuum hoses and winshield squirter hoses up through heater and radiator hoses. Also the "wire loom" tubing which is already pre-sliced for snapping around cables.)
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 12:47 PM   #6
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by belairbrian View Post
Working on the load plan for the front storage area. Pretty much figured it out, but ran into an issue.

Hoping someone has come up with a solution. BTW this may apply to other models with the table storage rack on the ceiling of the pass through storage.

When I unsnap the retention strap it falls to the other side and can't be reached to reconnect. Thinking of tying a small rope to it so I can pull it back, but open to suggestions.
Mine has 2 straps holding it up. The far end is a built in "slot" with a strap that goes long ways. The other strap goes side to side. I only unhook the long strap and it is held by the short strap as I pull the table out. The long strap is adjustable. After getting the table out extend it to the max and re-tighten after putting the table back in. Which I do before putting any other items in. Hope this helps.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #7

I always reconnect the straps as well, that way when sliding items back in I don't inadvertently send the strap to the back. Did that too many times, so started the reclip method.

Agree its a pain though!

2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS
2019 Ford F150 Super Crew 3.5 Eco Boost Max Tow Package
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #8

Came Up with a Solution

It just randomly hit me that the strap is only needed at both ends. So i attched it to the frame and got rid of the middle. So now the far side is just a loop and I can release and secure it with the short strap near the door.

belairbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:28 PM   #9

[QUOTE=belairbrian;2784815]It just randomly hit me that the strap is only needed at both ends. So i attched it to the frame and got rid of the middle. So now the far side is just a loop and I can release and secure it with the short strap near the door.]

Adding this to my to-do's.

Thanks.
austex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom, freedom express