Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #1

Freedom Express 257

Hello all, first timer here. We just purchased a 2021 Freedom express 257BH. We are a family of 4 and wanted something in this size range with similar layout. Narrowed it down to the 257, Jayco jay feather 24BH and the imagine 24BH. This was the best deal and we really liked the taller ceilings and overall features compared to the others. How does this trailer compare to the others as far as quality, CS, construction, etc.? I’m due to pick it up in two weeks and just want to make sure I made the right decision of the 3. Thanks
257BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #2

I think any of the manufactures you listed, on any unparticular day....could be the winner of the best in class award. We recently purchased the FE 246RKS, for us (2 getn old retired people) it fit the bill. (translation: wife liked it) HAha...but also was within my tow parameters.
Here's the issues we found in the first 2 trips. On the second trip water started pouring out the coroplast bottom when I attached the black tank flush and used it. It appears the hoses on the cheapo valve were not connected tightly which resulted in some serious inside spraying. Fortunately, its location in my trailer was easy to find and fix. We have a kitchen area (rear) side window that is leaking. It seems maybe....the water shed tracks for the slide dump a stream straight down into the bottom corner. Ive sealed that...waiting for the next hard rain. The freshwater tank gauge does not work.
Either during walk thru or when you bring it home, remove ALL the "hide panels" and look behind them! You'll be shocked at the "craftsmanship" you'll find, every brand manufacturer.
The interior trim and finish is decent. Caulk lines and shower enclosure, sinks and stuff. Cabinets ok.
My issues are minor, at least I think. But you'd sure think a manufacture or dealership would have identified them before delivery. In summary, the Coachmen brand doesnt stand out among its competitors....appears thats not the goal right now, and they're all on the same page
RedHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #3

I agree with you, however the comparable FE was 10k cheaper than al the rest. For mid 20’s I’m happy!
257BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom, freedom express