Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Freedom express 292BHDS problems?

Hey everyone We have a 2011 Freedom express 292bhds. We have only had this trailer for one season but have already gone through 2 of the crappy tires they put on them. So I was going to put some bigger 15" rubber instead of the 14". I went out and took a look at the clearence and noticed that even the factory 14" have rubbed on the top of the wheel wells if thats what you can even call them? So my questions are has anyone else noticed this with theres? Or has anyone else put bigger rubber on?
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #2

I have not noticed any marks on my wheel wells yet. I am wondering if there is something not quite right with you axle or suspension. This is the first issue I have seen like this on the 292BHDS.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #3

Ive checked everything out and nothing is bent or broken so I am not to sure what is up. I would love to get 15's under there but in order to do that I would have to put the springs on top of the axles and in order to do that I have to convince the wife its a fantastic idea lol
Old 04-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehorn View Post
Ive checked everything out and nothing is bent or broken so I am not to sure what is up. I would love to get 15's under there but in order to do that I would have to put the springs on top of the axles and in order to do that I have to convince the wife its a fantastic idea lol
LOL, about convincing the wife. I have a pretty good gap between the wheels and the wheel well. I wonder if your tire issue is from the rub issue? Crappy picture but this is all I have for now.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Would suspect the springs are giving up the ghost or the shackle/shackle bolts are worn. Would jack up on the frame and see how much slack there was in all the pivot points. Moving the springs to the top of the axle would require adding a spring perch with a hole in the center and changing the spring centering bolt to be reversed. Quite a task, but very doable. Would be easier to add a leaf to the springs.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #6

We have same TT and put over 1500 miles last season with no problems with tires.
83480coachmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #7

Steelshark you definately have more clearence then I do! I wil have to pull it out of storage and take a closer look at it again. We are heading to cuba tomorrow so won't have time for awhile but I will post back here once I find something out or lack there of Thanks for now everyone
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #8

Take care ehorn.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #9

Alrighty finally got home and got the trailer out of storage and took some pics so first is my clearence which doesn't look to bad.

but this is what the underside looks like

and wanted to ask if anyone else see's this from there slideouts?

and also my passenger side fender is cracked by the one screw hole. Porbabbly going to take it off and fiberglass the backside up on both to fix and reifroce.

Let m know if you can't see the pics at all had to take them with my phone wifes camera takes to big of pictures and phone takes bad pics lol
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #10

Hmm, it does look like your trailer is a little lower than mine. How much does it weigh right now? My slide carpet does not look like that either.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #11

I have no idea on the weight right now but it shouldn't be much no water and unloaded for the winter. I think I am going to send coachmen an email and see what they say about it. Otherwise I noticed that the springs are already on top of the axles so thinking of putting a 2" spacer in so I can fit 15" tires under it. I would like to figure out if I have some lazy springs first though. And as for the carpet it has done that since new and I don't know where it is coming from.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #12

Is it all wheels that are rubbing or just the one? The carpet marks look really strange to me. Can't think of what could be causing that. I don't have my 292 at home right now to check mine out. I'll be taking a look at my wheel well clearance when I bring it home in 2 weeks.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #13

Hey no it is all the tires that are rubbing. So far forest river hasn't been any help so far just told me to take it back to my dealer.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehorn View Post
Hey no it is all the tires that are rubbing. So far forest river hasn't been any help so far just told me to take it back to my dealer.
Yeah, I don't think they can do much over the phone. It might be worth getting someone to look at it. It cannot be too hard for a mechanic with knowledge in travel trailer workings.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #15

2012 292BHDS questions, concerns

Where is the best place in this fourm (website) to post questions, comments, and concerns regarding my new 2012 292BHDS Liberty Edtion?
bjcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #16

Sent you a pm. You can also do it here or even start a new thread. I have this model and love it.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #17

292BHDS Issues, Problems

I'm sorry to report that after only our first camping trip our new 2012 BHDS Liberty Ed. is back at the dealer for repairs. Here is a list of issues that I found with the trailer: I fear that the door to the outdoor kitchen may be delaminating!! There is some wavyness twards the bottom edge of the door. Its easy to see if I look down the side of the trailer, the dealer looked at it and said that what I'm seeing is normal ( I'm not so sure but I'm not a expert).
The faucet on the bathroom sink is defective and leaking from the spout area the water is slowly trickling down the inside of the faucet assembly and all the way down the supply lines and in to the basement BIG PROBLEM! And get this, apparently Coachman no longer has this faucet (brushed nickel) I called Coachman myself to verify this, hard to belive but true. So now the dealer is going to install a similar faucet to replace the defective one.
Also on a minor note the walpaper on the exteroir bathroom wall has a large air bubble in it, the dealer is waiting to recieve a new wall panel from Coachman ( I hope they still have one of those ).
There is more but its minor stuff not worth sharing.
I am not writing this to complain about Coachman but rather to share information and maybe give other owners a heads up.
I have 8 months left on my factory warranty and I plan on having all of the current issues as well as future issues resolved by the dealer and Coachman.
Please share your comments,experiences, advise and thoughts.
Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcohn View Post
I'm sorry to report that after only our first camping trip our new 2012 BHDS Liberty Ed. is back at the dealer for repairs. Here is a list of issues that I found with the trailer: I fear that the door to the outdoor kitchen may be delaminating!! There is some wavyness twards the bottom edge of the door. Its easy to see if I look down the side of the trailer, the dealer looked at it and said that what I'm seeing is normal ( I'm not so sure but I'm not a expert).
The faucet on the bathroom sink is defective and leaking from the spout area the water is slowly trickling down the inside of the faucet assembly and all the way down the supply lines and in to the basement BIG PROBLEM! And get this, apparently Coachman no longer has this faucet (brushed nickel) I called Coachman myself to verify this, hard to belive but true. So now the dealer is going to install a similar faucet to replace the defective one.
Also on a minor note the walpaper on the exteroir bathroom wall has a large air bubble in it, the dealer is waiting to recieve a new wall panel from Coachman ( I hope they still have one of those ).
There is more but its minor stuff not worth sharing.
I am not writing this to complain about Coachman but rather to share information and maybe give other owners a heads up.
I have 8 months left on my factory warranty and I plan on having all of the current issues as well as future issues resolved by the dealer and Coachman.
Please share your comments,experiences, advise and thoughts.
Thanks
Thanks for the information. I will keep a really good eye out on my trailer also. I have really only had one very small issue with my trailer (latch on the power panel). I kinda fixed it myself and there are no other issues to this date and have over 12 nights camped. It is said that all companies have issues. I hope your dealer will take care of everything for you. Once you get the bugs worked out, I really think all will be good. As for the door, I haven't noticed anything like that but haven't looked either. I will next time I am out. If I were you, I would look at other trailers on the dealer lot to see if it is common. That should prove to the dealer if it is normal or not. Please keep us updated and good luck!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #19

Heads Up

I will continue to share any issues that are worth sharing. I hope that any and all 292BHDS owners will do the same.
Some of us may still be under warranty and could benifit from others sharing the issues they have encountered.

THANKS!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcohn View Post
I will continue to share any issues that are worth sharing. I hope that any and all 292BHDS owners will do the same.
Some of us may still be under warranty and could benifit from others sharing the issues they have encountered.

THANKS!
Definitively!