Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #1

Freedom Express 310 BHDSLE VS 323 BHDSLE

Hello Friends,
We are looking at moving up to a travel trailer. We would like to buy from General RV but they donít have the exact floor plans we are interested in. Does anyone have an opinion or advice between the Freedom Express 310 BHDSLE VS 323 BHDSLE Liberty Edition?

We have 5 kids aged 1-10 and are thinking about full timing for a year.

Do you have advice? Do you like yours? How is the quality?

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #2

We have a 310BHDS MLE - the 323 is a new model and looks interesting in comparison. It appears to have a larger living room/entertainment space, larger pantry, and the island is a bonus.

That said, the bunkhouse at the rear of the 310 is nice with the kids, its their area and its at the opposite end for sleeping which can be nice. There doesn't appear to be much room near the bunks in the 323. The extra outside door int he 310 with direct access to the bathroom is nice too for sending the kids in without making a mess walking through all the time.

Both are nice units, the choice ultimately depends on what your usage situation will be.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #3

Depends if you want an outside kitchen, the 323 does not offer this option.
I personally prefer this model;
Freedom Express Liberty Edition 320BHDSLE Travel Trailers by Coachmen RV
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #4

I have a 2018 BHDS MLE. Only thing I dont like about the unit is no heating ducts in the bunkhouse or bathroom. Can get quite cold in that bunkhouse on cold nights.
chrishill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super 8 View Post
Depends if you want an outside kitchen, the 323 does not offer this option.
I personally prefer this model;
Freedom Express Liberty Edition 320BHDSLE Travel Trailers by Coachmen RV
Do not buy this model. I have it and there are a lot of unhappy campers with this model. There is a huge design flaw. Cannot drive through a hard rain. Water coming in from underneath the slides. Floors were soaked. General TV said it was a design flaw and hand made some fender wells over the tires cause they believed the tires were kicking t by water up into the slides. Forest river is not addressing the issues at all. Very poor customer service at General rv also.
gritsgresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritsgresham View Post
Do not buy this model. I have it and there are a lot of unhappy campers with this model. There is a huge design flaw. Cannot drive through a hard rain. Water coming in from underneath the slides. Floors were soaked. General TV said it was a design flaw and hand made some fender wells over the tires cause they believed the tires were kicking t by water up into the slides. Forest river is not addressing the issues at all. Very poor customer service at General rv also.

Wow! That is terrible. I would think general rv would stop selling them.

Is this only on the 320?
Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #7

The first thing you should consider is a new tow vehicle. A Sierra 1500 is going to be totally inadequate. I'm not sure how you get so many kids in one now. But you'll definitely be overweight.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #8
Gold Tee Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMastaD View Post

We have 5 kids aged 1-10 and are thinking about full timing for a year.

Good luck in whatever TT you decide on. It will be a great adventure.
60+ campgrounds/400+ nights, 20K+ Miles towing since 2015
Teetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMastaD View Post
Wow! That is terrible. I would think general rv would stop selling them.

Is this only on the 320?
All I know is that General rv told me they had quite a few complaints on that model for the same issue. They said coachman wont return their calls. Could all be a bunch of baloney, but that's the story customer service told me. They said it was a design flaw and coachman wont address it.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:16 AM   #10

Weíve had ours for 3 years now and I must say that I will never buy one without an outdoor kitchen. We use that thing almost exclusively and mounted a tv in it. I replaced the tires with American Goodyear endurance and we had a couple of warranty claims in the beginning but so does every camper.
kujosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:24 AM   #11

I have the '15 Freedom Express 3310BHDS and we love it. One of the main reasons for buying this one was the outside kitchen. Dorm sized fridge, sink, cabinet for stuff, shelf for other stuff and a storage area above the fridge. There was a small gas grill mounted so that it slid out like a drawer but I didn't like the grill and removed it. I built a drawer to replace it for my long grilling tools and other important stuff. The bunk room with the fold-out couch and two bunks if the perfect boy cave for the three g'boy's. The outside door to the bathroom is definitely a plus with the BOYZ camping with us. They don't have to track through the main living area to go to the bathroom. One negative feature is that the couch is not long enough for me to lie down and watch TV, I'm 5'9'' and I have to crunch up on the couch. I would love to have the "U" shaped dinette smaller in length, we don't eat there much, and the couch longer. I've been seriously considering removing the "U" shaped dinette and adding two (2) RV recliners there. When we settle down to watch TV at night we can pull them out into the main floor area to use them. The bad side is that there is a lot of storage beneath the seating of the dinette. I would have to find room for all of my stuff under there.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritsgresham View Post
gritsgresham, What year is yours? We have a 2015 and have driven through lots of driving rain and never had an issue.
Nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosedive View Post
gritsgresham, What year is yours? We have a 2015 and have driven through lots of driving rain and never had an issue.
2016. They fabricated some fender wells to keep the water from coming through the slide out seals. They told me they had many complaints with that model and that was their fix.

Tags
freedom, freedom express