Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Fresh water fill for Coachmen Apex 279RLSS

Just brought home our 2019 Coachmen Apex 279RLSS last Saturday. I forgot to ask the dealer about when I know the freshwater tank is filled. He hasn't been answering texts, so I think he may be dealing with floods. Regardless, in my old Grey Wolf, water poured out of the bottom of the trailer from an overflow when the tank was filled. However, the Apex has a sealed, insulted underbelly, so I'm a bit timid about filling the tank until water runs out of "somewhere". Anybody experienced with this? Thanks.
4ester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ester View Post
Just brought home our 2019 Coachmen Apex 279RLSS last Saturday. I forgot to ask the dealer about when I know the freshwater tank is filled. He hasn't been answering texts, so I think he may be dealing with floods. Regardless, in my old Grey Wolf, water poured out of the bottom of the trailer from an overflow when the tank was filled. However, the Apex has a sealed, insulted underbelly, so I'm a bit timid about filling the tank until water runs out of "somewhere". Anybody experienced with this? Thanks.
It will run out of the same place it went in.
chrishill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:56 AM   #3

OK, thanks. That's what I was hoping. I assume it comes up the "breather tube" or maybe just backs up the fill tube. That's a good sign that it's full!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #4

Never "Insult" your underbelly. That being said, if you look closely underneath, there will probably be an overflow tube sticking out somewhere around where the tank is located.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #5

Thanks. I never saw that auto-correct of my bad typing. I didn't crawl underneath the trailer yet to look for an overflow due to the ground being so wet since it rains here everyday!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ester View Post
Thanks. I never saw that auto-correct of my bad typing. I didn't crawl underneath the trailer yet to look for an overflow due to the ground being so wet since it rains here everyday!
Know what you mean. I'm in Nebraska and we're still drying out from the 8" the other week. When you fill the tank...you'll find out it there is an overflow tube or it just backs up in the filler tube.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water