Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2020, 11:05 PM   #1

furrion 12 volt refer

just purchased a new 2021 catalina Legacy. Has a furrion 12 volt refer in it.
At dealer walk through refer was only cooling to 60 degrees. First 12 volt refer dealer has ever dealt with. wondering if maybe they just did not have something set correctly. Asking for help before calling Forest River customer service on Monday.
vietvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietvet View Post
just purchased a new 2021 catalina Legacy. Has a furrion 12 volt refer in it.
At dealer walk through refer was only cooling to 60 degrees. First 12 volt refer dealer has ever dealt with. wondering if maybe they just did not have something set correctly. Asking for help before calling Forest River customer service on Monday.
Think I have figured it out! Thanks
Old 06-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietvet View Post
Think I have figured it out! Thanks
It might help others if you posted your solution.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 10:07 PM   #4

there is a switch on the wall by the refer which has to be switched on when running the refer and off when refer not in use sort of a cut off switch. We were told during walk thru of our new trailer to only turn on the switch when drawing off battery and turn off when plugged into electric but that was not correct.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:11 PM   #5

Any one have a Furrion 12 volt refer? Just wondering how long it actually takes to cool down using battery power only? Owners manual says 3 hours have not tried it out yet.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #6

so what is the correct operation of this switch? these 12 volt refrigerators are becoming more popular and i'm sure others are going to have similar issues.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #7

according to dealer, our catalina legacy is equipped with a refer cut off switch on the side wall by the refer, it serves as a cut off switch so you do not have to pull the fuse when in storage and not in use. this switch has to be on when ever you are using the refer and off when in storage and not being used to save on battery.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:41 AM   #8

I also have a Furrion 12V refer in our 2020 Alpha Wolf TT. I am not aware of any cut off switch. The only switch in our TT is to ensure the AC and microwave don't run at the same time as running them both will trip the 30amp breaker. The switch cuts the microwave out of the loop.

I do however have another issue with our frig. I have had 3 refer's since we pulled it out of Iowa storage in April!! 2 of the 3 frig's have gotten cold (both in the freezer and frig). I've checked it with a thermometer. We run around 0 deg in the freezer and 37 deg in the frig. Two of the 3 frigs have had an excessive amount of condensation on the rear wall of the frig. The 3rd frig did not cool AT ALL. So we had it replaced. The only control for both freezer and frig is in the frig. I am beginning to think the condensation is typical for a 12v, or Furrion simply has a poor design. Any thoughts from other 12v users?
Good luck vietvet with your refer.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #9

Furrion 12V

We have the furrion 12 volt in our New freedom express, been camping on and off for about 4 weeks, the fridge is the best one we have owned in a camper, gets cold fast, stays cold, and the room inside is great. The freezer works exceptionally good.The only issue we have with it, is it is loud when the fan and compressor are on, but worth the upgrade in our opinion. Thanks
Diverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewy42 View Post
or Furrion simply has a poor design.
Imagine that! I believe Furrion’s R&D team is the end user.

Bruce
Old 07-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #11

we just got home from our maiden voyage with our new camper and we do like the fridge. With the AC on you don't notice the fridge noise.

Tags
12 volt