Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #1

Grey water tanks

I have a 2017 chaparral 336 tsik with 2 grey water tanks, I usually don't dump my tanks till they are near full. This is my 3rd chaparral and I usually get one full and the other almost nothing. My question is are these tanks linked or can they be? With the wife and I both taking showers daily one fills up in about 3 days while the other and the black tank have almost nothing. Seems like a waste of a tank if they aren't linked.
Harleyman 1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:11 AM   #2
Always Learning

Do they share a sewer outlet? If so, you can get a Valterra Valve that twists onto the sewer connection. Close it and open both grays and they'll equalize.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

Smile

I'm following this. We are getting ready to purchase this same model of 5th wheel. Could you share your thoughts on this model and give a short review. Thanks.

Mike
Slaymaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #4

So far this has been a great unit. I had almost the same unit 2015 343rlts that was a nightmare and almost turned me against chaparral. I had an accident in FL with it and did 22k in damage so I traded for the 336tsik. There have been a couple small trim problems but no big problems. This is my third chaparral and I've had the same question about all of them. I stayed in a campground with no sewer connections for a week and had to pay $15 each time to have the tanks pumped. The only one that was full was the grey rank for the shower. The other grey for the kitchen had very little and maybe 1/3 in the black. These things have huge grey tanks and I don't think I can wash enough dishes to ever fill one tank, I'm afraid to overfill the other tank and not be able to dump it.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #5

Are there seperate ports to drain the grey tanks? Or do they go to a common point with two pull levers?
Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #6

Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #7

Thanks for the video Lawrosa I'll have to try that next time I'm out for more than the weekend.

Tags
grey water, tank, water, water tank