Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #1

How to make bed a more comfortable seating space?

Does anyone have good ideas on how to make our queen bed more comfortable as a seating area? Our bed is an east-west bed in the front of the trailer and open to the main area. The only other seating area is a dinette, so people end up sitting on our bed when we hang out in the camper. Inflatable wedge pillow? Any ingenious ideas? There are some really creative people in this group, I know!
jennyzichterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #2

You need someone more creative than I to chime in here.....

In homes, people use pillows, but that leaves you with a lot of pillows to store. Same with a large rectangular piece of foam wrapped in cloth.

I wonder if an inflatable twin mattress would work, but you'd have to store that too. Inflatable pillows would probably be the lightest and easiest to store.

You don't want to make them too comfortable or they'll never go home.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:53 AM   #3

Solution 1:

A) Remove the bed platform.
B) Install a hot tub/spa with a rigid cover.
C) Put the mattress on top of the rigid cover at night for sleeping.

Solution 2:
A) Buy a larger trailer.

Solution 3:
A) Hang out in someone else's trailer.

Solution 4:
A) Build a fire and grab some camping chairs.

Solution 5:
A) Pick your seat first, grab a drink of choice and let them worry about how comfortable they are until they invite you to their rig.

Solution # 1 can be modified and improved by the addition of (your choice of) bikini-clad blonds, brunettes or redheads.
PatrickY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
3boxerss

I wonder if you could flip back or fold back the mattress to use it as the back of the seat then pillows for them to sit on or use one of those tri-fold foam mattress that fold into kindof a couch..IN ours we have a murphy bed that flips up with a love seat under it.. Not sure if you could convert yours to do that or not..

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #5

I have a couple of folding director chairs that I keep in our trailer, I'll get one out at times to watch TV as the jack knife sofa gets alittle hard after awhile.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickY View Post
Solution 1:
Solution 2:
A) Buy a larger trailer.

As is usually the case. We first bought a trailer that was too small

Rule #1.
You cannot sit at a dinette to watch TV. Or to accomplish anything besides eat a quick meal.

My Dear wife tried everything to make do. To no avail.

UPGRADE!

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #7

Rear bed seating

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyzichterman View Post
Does anyone have good ideas on how to make our queen bed more comfortable as a seating area? Our bed is an east-west bed in the front of the trailer and open to the main area. The only other seating area is a dinette, so people end up sitting on our bed when we hang out in the camper. Inflatable wedge pillow? Any ingenious ideas? There are some really creative people in this group, I know!
I've wedged the bed up with the slide locks and uses dinning chairs there, that takes some effort though.

#2 (simple for set up) idea from my wife, she uses stadium seats (foam seat and back with a side strap to adjust the fold ). sets it on the bed and leans back to watch the TV
gregkono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #8

Re our dinette.
I eliminated our dinette curved back cushion and replaced with a bed type wedge cushion.
We set the dinette area up as a bed and sit leaning against the wedge with our feet up facing the TV. Works great !
BrianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #9

Thanks, everyone. I think we will try stadium seats or creating some sort of murphy bed solution until we upgrade to a camper with a couch and dinette.
jennyzichterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed