Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #1

Installed water filteration system

Just upgraded my 26BH to a 272DBS and started modding it. I decided to install a whole system water filter to remove the crappy taste of out of town water.
What a pain in the ass!!!
Installed the filter between the pump and out feed and then found out that the city connection line pressurizes the line at the back behind the bathroom sink. So I ran a new PEX line under the stove, fridge, rear bunk, bathtub and to the city connection and T'd after the pump and capped off the old T. Made a big diff in pressure at the tub because now its not back feeding then returning for the hot water. Not to mention no more smell of plastic and chlorine and is now drinkable.

One thing I'd like to comment on is after removing panels and seeing the workmanship of coachman was pretty disappointing. Wasn't much effort for quality. Under the bed was a crap load of sawdust, not to mention the hole cutouts for the outside kitchen were still there. And some holes look like they were made with a hammer
cyberdude47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Many, including myself are removing the filter altogether. I never drink water from the tt's plumbing as it has been sitting in the pipes weeks between uses in the warm weather and may have something growing in there. The filters only add to my worries as many have carbon in them for taste and odor removal. This carbon also removes the chlorine which could kill the bacteria growing in the pipes. I will wash dishes, shower, and flush my toilet with it but bring bottled water to drink. Also, I've read many posts of filters either not tighten properly or coming loose and flooding a lower compartment. I had problems with mine and will replace it with an outside, inline unit.

Both travel trailers I've owned had this factory debris everywhere. I understand it's pretty common and after seeing the assembly line at the Goshen rally, I can see why. They assemble them so quickly. Just sweep it up as you find it and move on.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Many, including myself are removing the filter altogether. I never drink water from the tt's plumbing as it has been sitting in the pipes weeks between uses in the warm weather and may have something growing in there. The filters only add to my worries as many have carbon in them for taste and odor removal. This carbon also removes the chlorine which could kill the bacteria growing in the pipes. I will wash dishes, shower, and flush my toilet with it but bring bottled water to drink. Also, I've read many posts of filters either not tighten properly or coming loose and flooding a lower compartment. I had problems with mine and will replace it with an outside, inline unit.

Both travel trailers I've owned had this factory debris everywhere. I understand it's pretty common and after seeing the assembly line at the Goshen rally, I can see why. They assemble them so quickly. Just sweep it up as you find it and move on.
Did you install your awning poles?
Still doing the (Background Check) looks good so far! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #4

Outside filter set up,can use for City or Tank fill. Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4107.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	38313   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4108.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	38314   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4109.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	38315  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Did you install your awning poles?
Still doing the (Background Check) looks good so far! Youroo!!
Inquiring minds want to know!
Ps I have an update piece johnt.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #6

Not yet. Just too busy! Tell me about the update.
4WD SRW Diesel
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Not yet. Just too busy! Tell me about the update.
Pm sent
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Outside filter set up,can use for City or Tank fill. Youroo!!
That's a good way to do it.
4WD SRW Diesel