Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 11
Keyless Entry and Locks 246 RKS

Have a 2019 246RKS as our first RV and want a keyless lock for the door. What do you suggest. And want to replace all the storage locks too! Tried to do a search but results seemed useless! Thinking of an RVLock V4. Advice welcome! So much to learn! Happy 4th!
PolaroidPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 11
Not a V4

V4 has a tear drop shape. 246rks is rectangular!
PolaroidPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 7,616
Love the RVLock V4
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 10
For the storage doors I used Prime Products Camlock off of Amazon. I replaced the non-lock and lock cylinder on each door. If you only have 1 lock, someone can pull the non-lock side and destroy your door.

For my Northern Spirit 2758rb

18-3315 7/8 were the storage doors
18-3076 1-3/8 was the outside kitchen door

Just measure your door. I ordered them from the seller RV Wholesale Direct and when I ordered them I asked them to send all the same key which they did.
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 788
Will the "COMPACT RVLOCK KEYLESS ENTRY HANDLE" style work for you? It's closer to a square and functionality the same as V4, accordingto their site. FWIW, RVLock gives frequent discounts if you can wait. Just get on their mailing list.

Here's a write up for what I did for my storage locks with some more fiscally responsible suggestions from others - https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ks-183639.html

Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post
Will the "COMPACT RVLOCK KEYLESS ENTRY HANDLE" style work for you? It's closer to a square and functionality the same as V4, accordingto their site. FWIW, RVLock gives frequent discounts if you can wait. Just get on their mailing list.

Here's a write up for what I did for my storage locks with some more fiscally responsible suggestions from others - https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ks-183639.html

Hope that helps.
Problem is its not functionally equivalent to the Rev 4. It is made of more plastic and basically only has 4 code buttons since every two numbers are shared.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
blwnsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NH
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Problem is its not functionally equivalent to the Rev 4. It is made of more plastic and basically only has 4 code buttons since every two numbers are shared.

I just installed the smaller one. Outside is metal, no real issue with the plastic on the inside. And the fact that you can have a 6 digit number, really makes the dual number buttons (1/2, 3/4) a non issue.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
I just installed the smaller one. Outside is metal, no real issue with the plastic on the inside.
I called RvLock regarding the two types and their recommendation was to get the REV 4 if it fit based on the construction differences. They also mentioned the code differences. I prefer not have more than a 4 digit code.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lock

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.