Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #1

Keyless Entry and Locks 246 RKS

Have a 2019 246RKS as our first RV and want a keyless lock for the door. What do you suggest. And want to replace all the storage locks too! Tried to do a search but results seemed useless! Thinking of an RVLock V4. Advice welcome! So much to learn! Happy 4th!
PolaroidPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #2

Not a V4

V4 has a tear drop shape. 246rks is rectangular!
PolaroidPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #3

Love the RVLock V4
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #4

For the storage doors I used Prime Products Camlock off of Amazon. I replaced the non-lock and lock cylinder on each door. If you only have 1 lock, someone can pull the non-lock side and destroy your door.

For my Northern Spirit 2758rb

18-3315 7/8 were the storage doors
18-3076 1-3/8 was the outside kitchen door

Just measure your door. I ordered them from the seller RV Wholesale Direct and when I ordered them I asked them to send all the same key which they did.
merchjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #5

Will the "COMPACT RVLOCK KEYLESS ENTRY HANDLE" style work for you? It's closer to a square and functionality the same as V4, accordingto their site. FWIW, RVLock gives frequent discounts if you can wait. Just get on their mailing list.

Here's a write up for what I did for my storage locks with some more fiscally responsible suggestions from others - https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ks-183639.html

Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post
Will the "COMPACT RVLOCK KEYLESS ENTRY HANDLE" style work for you? It's closer to a square and functionality the same as V4, accordingto their site. FWIW, RVLock gives frequent discounts if you can wait. Just get on their mailing list.

Here's a write up for what I did for my storage locks with some more fiscally responsible suggestions from others - https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ks-183639.html

Hope that helps.
Problem is its not functionally equivalent to the Rev 4. It is made of more plastic and basically only has 4 code buttons since every two numbers are shared.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Problem is its not functionally equivalent to the Rev 4. It is made of more plastic and basically only has 4 code buttons since every two numbers are shared.

I just installed the smaller one. Outside is metal, no real issue with the plastic on the inside. And the fact that you can have a 6 digit number, really makes the dual number buttons (1/2, 3/4) a non issue.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
I just installed the smaller one. Outside is metal, no real issue with the plastic on the inside.
I called RvLock regarding the two types and their recommendation was to get the REV 4 if it fit based on the construction differences. They also mentioned the code differences. I prefer not have more than a 4 digit code.

Tags
lock