Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2020, 10:47 PM   #1

LED Tail Lights

Last Apex Nano I looked at, it seemed to have standard 1157 bulbs in the tail lights, but all the rest of the marker lights were LED. Has anyone replaced them with a set of these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DDNYZS7..._NTqlEbBM1C5WF

They look identical to the ones on the trailer, just LED. I've got LED lights on my utility trailer, and modded my tow rig's lights with LEDs (brake, turn, and reverse), kind of a thing with me.

Are the ones on the trailer sealed with an adhesive? Gasket?
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Last Apex Nano I looked at, it seemed to have standard 1157 bulbs in the tail lights, but all the rest of the marker lights were LED. Has anyone replaced them with a set of these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DDNYZS7..._NTqlEbBM1C5WF

They look identical to the ones on the trailer, just LED. I've got LED lights on my utility trailer, and modded my tow rig's lights with LEDs (brake, turn, and reverse), kind of a thing with me.

Are the ones on the trailer sealed with an adhesive? Gasket?
That's what I used on my Apex when I upgraded, I used a few new pieces if butyl tape where the screws go through and then RV Pro-flex by geocell to caulk them up. Are the side markers LED now? When I did my lights upgrades to LED I had to replace all markers, taillights and porch light as they were all incandescent from factory.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:42 AM   #3

I replaced my rear tailights with these on my Coachmen

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...47-84-610.html

babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #4

Nice looking. Ya know, I wish it was wired for reverse lights, too, but not sure if I want to go that far yet.

On a side note, I did add lights to a 2 bike receiver bike rack. I found a set that had tail/brake, turn, and reverse lights, found a converter to split out the turn signals, and viola! Though, with this TT, I'm not sure if I'll ever use the bike rack again.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light