Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #1

Lippert Auto Level system

Anyone know how to clear a LF Jack error code? Were on our first trip out right now (2017 Chaparral 392MBL) and I've magically got one!!!!

The auto level system worked perfectly last week when I tested before leaving this morning....now I'm afraid to disconnect it from the 5th wheel hitch as I'm scared the front of the trailer may fall.....am I OK to manually drop the gear if necessary?
Gsxrgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #2

Put it in manual and try to retract it fully.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #3

Yes, I have manually leveled mine a couple of times, no big deal.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #4

You have to manually extend all the jacks at least 6". Extend the middle ones by holding left and right simultaneously. Then retract all. Now with that said the front must go below level to begin the auto level so if you dropped the front jack extensions then grounded it to unhitch, chances are good you didn't leave the jack enough room to drop the front below level.
1998 Rockwood popup
John Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #5

https://www.etrailer.com/question-121912.html
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #6

The Brookstone 395RL is a similar unit and I just went through this. I allow the front jacks to fully extend and only use the manual adjustment if it is a little uneven on one side and never more than two or three holes.

If the front can't get below level because the jack bottoms out on the collar it will cause the error.
1998 Rockwood popup
Old 06-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott_head View Post
Put it in manual and try to retract it fully.

It will totally retract manually.....I was just not sure if the error could cause it to fall. Good to know I can just use them manually and not worry about it.

Does anyone know how to clear the code?
Old 06-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #8

My reply above is how to clear the code. Extend all jacks at least 6" then use retract all and the code will clear.
1998 Rockwood popup
Old 06-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #9

Lippert Auto Level system

Thanks, that worked!!!!

The only problem now is the "mid" stabilizer jacks only came down about 2 inches then stopped. The system said its level but, with the kid running around, I was hoping to the extra stabilization. How can I get them down manually? I went through the menu but could not find the setting for them....only the front and rear jacks.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
Thanks, that worked!!!! The only problem now is the "mid" stabilizer jacks only came down about 2 inches then stopped. Can I get them down manually? I went through the menu but could not find the setting for them....only the front and rear jacks.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!
When you say mid stabilizer I'm assuming the jacks in front of your tires. Push the up/down arrow until you see enter "manual mode". Press the "enter" button, you are now in manual mode. Now press "retract" button (yellow LED lights). Now any button will retract the legs. Press and hold left until both left jacks are fully retracted, then do the same right. Now push "retract" button again (yellow LED off). Now any button push will extend a jack. Push the left button and see if both jacks come all the way down. They will come down one at a time so wait for them both to touch ground. Try the same now for the right side of the RV. Hope this helps..
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:07 AM   #11

Thanks, I'll have to try that in the morning as it's near midnight here......I'll let you know how it goes
Old 06-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #12

Not sure if this will help or not but something to check. We found hydraulic fluid coming out of the belly panel on our 2015 Sandpiper behind the wheels. It was a loose T fitting for the slides but still the landing gear had to be overrode to come all of the way up. Guessing that also caused the fuse for the landing gear to blow after closing slides probably due to heat in the pump. So far it is working fine now. Cost was $140 for diagnosis and fix plus about $250 to clean the belly cover panel. Was told it probably came from the factory that way and took that long to soak through. Minor leak, big bill--thank you Forest River
sailtrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #13

LR Fault

I had same problem last week, retracted manually no problem. The problem has just been fixed by dealership it ended up being a sensor needed to be replaced.
HenryEakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #14

There may be an overriding problem but to put the middle jacks down in manual push left and right at the same time.
1998 Rockwood popup
Old 06-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
It will totally retract manually.....I was just not sure if the error could cause it to fall. Good to know I can just use them manually and not worry about it.

Does anyone know how to clear the code?
If you have the lippart level up system to clear the code back to the Factory settings, there is a fuse on the 12 volt side, pull the fuse count to ten and reinstall. It should be in a red little rectangular box located close to the pump. Hope that helps... Just pulling the plug behind your screen will NOT reset your system.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #16

Then get on your smartphone and get the app called my LC I. You will have the manuals and trouble shooting tips on your phone.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #17

Thanks everyone for all the advice. In the end, I had to run the "auto level" system three more times to get the mid stabilizer jacks down. Using both the left/right button at the same time in manual mode raised and lowered the front jacks only for some reason.

In the end, they are down and the trailer is that much more stabile!!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #18

I believe that the only way the mid jacks will move manually,is when there is the error code. When it codes, push the left and right buttons.They will move then.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote