Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Mattress warranty

I just got my mattress replaced under warranty! It took a lot of time and effort, but it paid off in the end.

My mattress began to break down almost immediately. By the 9th night sleeping on it, my wife and I kept rolling into the middle of it. I didn't expect a great mattress, but I expected to be able to lay flat on it for more than 8 nights! I had to take pictures and submit them to my dealer on 2 different occasions.

Unfortunately, Forest River did NOT honor the warranty. Luckily, my dealer sent the info to Michiana Mattress and they did honor the warranty. They sent a replacement mattress and asked me to bring a square foot of the bad section of the mattress to my dealer when I picked up the new one. I took the entire mattress, because I couldn't dispose of the rest where I have my unit stored for the winter.

Anyway, kudo's to Michiana Mattress! (but NOT Forest River)
cbenslay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #2

Rv's mattress are not the top quality mattress you can get on the trailer market. Many sizes can be duplicated with house mattress or a place where they manufactures mattress the size you want. I remember on one of my new trailer before I took the keys in my hands I already had bought a quality custom made mattress that I installed immediately when we took possession of the trailer. I ordered it to my taste. A good sleep does not have a price. So many trailer mattress are just pure junk. The one we have now on our rockwood is not too bad but I had to buy a quality down topper to sleep well and relaxed.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress, warranty