Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #1

MorRyde Quick Connect step

Has anyone installed this on your TT or 5th wheel? Its an alternative for those who can not use the regular mount steps that attach in the doorway and fold up into the camper entrance. These steps attach to two brackets that are mounted outside the door under the threshold.
We really wanted to get the original MorRyde steps however they wouldn't fit in our unit without alterations. Thanks.
Buzzcut39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
Always Learning

Friends of mine have it. Looks heavy putting it in and out. OR, I'm just lazy.. could go either way.

If you have looked at them, the Torklift Glowstep Revolution steps fit into the existing step box and have the same positive contact to the ground. They're a bit more flexible with step spacing for pulling them out than the MorRyde steps are. More expensive, though.

Here's my full review on them:
https://learntorv.com/product-review...n-by-torklift/
Old 07-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Canadian Member

Some folks here have adapted the regular StepAbove steps by drilling out some rivets at the top of the the steps and using removable pins. That allows them to deploy the steps in a tight space.

I just had one of the ball studs on the struts break on mine. Those steps are not light so I wouldn't want to have to put them on manually every time we set up. If you can mount steps under the door, I'd look at the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote