Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Mystery Appliances

Hello. Just ordered my first travel trailer, a Northern Spirit 2659BH. Need help finding out about the appliances that will come with the rig: the 12V 10 CF fridge and the 13,500 BTU air conditioner. Does any know the brand that Coachmen installs in these trailers? Will the fridge be a Furrion? Why do I need to know ? So that I can buy the right size generator to run these things. I will be dry camping. Appreciate if anyone knows what comes with this rig. 3/14/2021.
NorthSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:20 PM   #2

No secret here. It doesn't matter what brand AC you have, if you want to boondock and use it you will need a generator in the 3000W or higher range. More watts if you want to use other stuff at the same time (microwave, lights, TV, etc.) Lots of discussions about this on the forum. From the mfgs website photos it looks like your TT will have a Dometic frig. According to the manuals it looks like it will be an RV dual 12V/propane unit.

You can download all of the available manuals for your TT here:
https://forestriverinc.help/#/coachm...ponent-manuals
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #3

I just took delivery of a 2557RB last week. The 12v refer is a Furrion and my upgraded 15K A/C is Dometic.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote