Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2021, 11:03 PM   #1

New Apex 265RBSS

Put a deposit on a 2021 Coachmen 265RBSS today. It is supposed to be delivered in April. Wife is not totally on board yet. The dealer stated we would be notified when it is delivered and we can inspect it and can refuse the purchase at that time with a full refund of the deposit. She likes the camper, just not sure she wants to spend the money. Fingers crossed!
Marc J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:49 AM   #2

Fingers crossed. Perhaps by the time April comes around she'll want that beautiful rig.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #3

Congrat's, I have the little brother version of your trailer (253RLS). They say delivery in April, do not be surprised if it is delayed. Also they say delivery in April, most RV manufactures change the model years in March so with that being said it may be a 2022. Unless they already had this ordered before you purchased it. Just something to look at.
Boborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:14 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin. Yeah it's alot of money but the lifestyle is priceless.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
Put a deposit on a 2021 Coachmen 265RBSS today. It is supposed to be delivered in April. Wife is not totally on board yet. The dealer stated we would be notified when it is delivered and we can inspect it and can refuse the purchase at that time with a full refund of the deposit. She likes the camper, just not sure she wants to spend the money. Fingers crossed!
Wondering if you will get a "newer" 2022 model?
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #6

We got one in August - added fireplace

We purchased ours in August. We wanted to upgrade from Rockwood ROO and this had just rolled on the dealers lot that afternoon. We bought it that day.

Here are some things we did to upgrade our unit and thoughts of what we still want to do.

We added a fireplace, replacing the storage under the TV. it was a great fix, figured losing the shallow storage was a good trade-off.

We also had them run a gas line to the back of the trailer below the outdoor kitchen so we could use a 17" Blackstone griddle there. There were no external gas lines so needed it.

The outdoor Kitchen came with a Colemen stove/grill thing that pulls out on drawer slides. seemed flimsy and I didn't like the stove at all (funny to get that cheap stove when others were including Blackstone grills or clones of them.) Good news is that our 17" Blackstone with cover fits on the self. snug fit. I put a pad between it and the small fridge and seems to be traveling ok.

We had the dealer add a MAXX AIR cover on the bathroom fan. Should have replaced the fan with the MAXX AIR at the same time. Also should have done the same on the bedroom fan vent, but $$$

We are in the process of adding lift bars to the storage area under the bed. We want to add reading lights to the overhead on the bed.

We like the trailer so far. Did several trips around Michigan (where we live) and it performed well.

I think you'll enjoy it. I"m glad there is another 265RBSS owner here on the forum. Most posts seem to be for APEX NANOs

Quote:
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Tim-Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #7

[QUOTE=

We added a fireplace, replacing the storage under the TV. it was a great fix, figured losing the shallow storage was a good trade-off.[/QUOTE]

What fireplace did you use? I was just thinking of doing the samething this morning. Do you have a part#? Did the add a new outlet for it or did they just tap into the tv circuit?
Boborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #8

I’d be interested in that fireplace info too. It seems like a waste of space.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #9

Fireplace

Unfortunately I don't have the make or model of the fireplace and the trailer is in storage/covered so I can't look. We had the dealer install one when we bought it. We just told them we wanted it and they found one. I think their concern was the depth of the wall since that area backs up to the closet. What they found was a perfect fit. I think they plugged it into the 120v outlet in the TV Recess above it that is on the side of the fridge.

Sorry I can't give you more information. All the papers are in the trailer as well. I can say it was a good move and works well. We like it for heating the trailer on those chilly mornings or evenings so we don't have to run the furnace.
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Old 01-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #10

Fireplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-Nancy-C View Post
Unfortunately I don't have the make or model of the fireplace and the trailer is in storage/covered so I can't look. We had the dealer install one when we bought it. We just told them we wanted it and they found one. I think their concern was the depth of the wall since that area backs up to the closet. What they found was a perfect fit. I think they plugged it into the 120v outlet in the TV Recess above it that is on the side of the fridge.

Sorry I can't give you more information. All the papers are in the trailer as well. I can say it was a good move and works well. We like it for heating the trailer on those chilly mornings or evenings so we don't have to run the furnace.
Tim, I thought you did the fireplace. There are so many talented people on here. Once I get the trailer I’ll take some measurements & see what I can find from Home Depot or Lowe’s. Thanks for your input
Old 02-27-2021, 11:04 PM   #11

Here is a picture of the fireplace the dealer installed for us.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1653.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	248550

Hope it helps
F150 XLT 3.5L EB
Old 04-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #12

My salesman called me last Tuesday, 4/20, my 265RBSS was delivered 4/19! About 3 weeks earlier than expected. Went to look at it this past Sunday. Looks so good I thought they had already started working on it. He said they hadn’t touch it yet. I found a few very minor issues I brought to the salesman’s attention. He said the techs had a 180 point check list to go over. We are now working on PDI & pickup. Can’t wait to get it & take it out for its maiden voyage
2011 GMC Acadia SLT (wife’s)
2007 Honda Goldwing
Old 05-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #13

Just picked up my 2021 265RB on 5/17 (My Wife's birthday) and we love it! I also thought of adding a fireplace under the TV and found etrailer.com has a big selection so I will be looking into that before autumn.
My only complaint is no ladder.
KWSetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #14

Picked it up 5/22/2021. Our anniversary. She went to a family wedding, I went to the dealership.
2011 GMC Acadia SLT (wife’s)
2007 Honda Goldwing
Old 08-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #15

We purchased a 265RBSS this past weekend and are looking forward to picking it up this Saturday. This is our first camper and we are very excited to the new adventures that await us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	265rbss.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	260227  
TXCURT is offline   Reply With Quote